ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a shocker

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
NOT

Davis Named BIG EAST Player of the Week​

resize

NEW YORK -- Senior Dre Davis (Indianapolis, Ind.) has been named BIG EAST Player of the Week after averaging 23.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists in a 2-0 week for the Pirates.

This is Davis' first career BIG EAST Player of the Week recognition and his second conference honor this season.

Davis was a bucket in two critical wins for The Hall where he shot 60 percent from the floor (15-of-25), 54 percent from three (6-of-11) and was a perfect 10-of-10 from the free throw line. He scored a game-best and career-high 28 points to go along with seven rebounds on Saturday night in the win over DePaul. Davis connected on 10-of-15 shots and hit four 3-pointers in the win over the Blue Demons. He finished with 18 points, 7 rebounds and hit a pair of threes while playing all 40 minutes on Wednesday in the win over Villanova. Davis knocked down 5-of-10 looks from the floor in the win over the Wildcats.

All the more reason to come back next year and be a candidate for 1st team BE and see what happens from there….

Reactions: PiratePride
LOL.... I Almost missed.... Halldans' NOT .... and first thought to myself.... what shocker? This is a no brainer.
Hoping things can work out so that Dre can return. Whatever he decides, though, he's meant a great deal to the program, bought into Sha's vision and i wish him the best going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT