ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday and Christmas Specials - With Us for Life

CT Pirate

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2010
I remember back when they first appeared on the scene in the 60's - Rudolph, Frosty, Grinch, The BurgerMeister. I'm still watching them 60 years later. It allows the kid to come out in me - know viewing with grandkids. With the Hall off till Sunday and needing to keep my brain engaged, here is a short essay I wrote on how these holiday and movies are must watch every year. They stay with you for life much like a great friend. (Who is your Mount Rushmore of holiday?Christmas characters?) https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/holi...pA%3D%3D/?trackingId=5r+KqNNYSxuc9GDvdmBKpA==

Who is your Mount Rushmore of holiday?

George and Mary Baily (It's a Wonderful Life)

its-a-wonderful-life_LrImXP-scaled.jpg

53ed835f4288d.image.jpg

Bill, once again, great piece. If I had to pick my Mt. Rushmore, the four would be as follows:
- Charlie Brown Christmas - something infectious about the music and relating the characters to kids you grew up with.
- It’s a Wonderful Life - I really didn’t see it for the first time until I got married - my wife’s favorite - my family was more of the Festivus set:).
- Miracle on 34th Street - Natalie Wood …cute and annoying at the same time.
- Christmas Vacation - ok, so I wasn’t a kid, but this is a family staple when all of us are together at Christmas.

Honorable Mention:
- The Gathering - sad, corny, good cast
- White Christmas - how this hasn’t been cancelled - black face scene - I don’t know

Muppets Christmas Carol and Muppets Family Christmas are all timers. Muppets Family Christmas my #1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT