ADVERTISEMENT

'I told you I would do it.'

Reminds me of talking to Khadeen Carrington after they beat Xavier and would next play Nova for the Big East championship at MSG. He told me in the locker room that he guaranteed they would beat Villanova the next day.

That was a great game to watch but that video brings it home! How cool was that
I was hoping the ncaa.com site would at least post all of our penalty kicks from last night like they did with the Marshall-Clemson game. Can’t really find too many clips from last night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section112
Maybe one of the greatest wins by a SHU Athletic program that unfortunately wasn’t carried on TV at all. A shame.

Streaming is the future! You’ll be seeing less and less on TV over the coming years. Really not a big deal.

Remember also that it’s not a normal set up with all of these games taking place at multi-field facilities in one general area. If they were on college campuses, the presentations would be more normal.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Funny how we have multiple complaints about the viewing experience when I thought it was perfectly fine streaming and watching. What the hell do you want, every game covered with big tv production for something nearly no one wants to watch?

I watched the last two and will continue, and be pleased that an event that would maybe have a radio crew on in the past is on my big tv sitting on my couch.

Considering that up until a few years ago I don’t think SHU Soccer has ever had ANY media coverage aside from Sometimes WSOU and you otherwise heard nothing about the program unless you happened to be one of the ones that physically went over to Owen T Carroll field to watch them.

The fact that I was able to pull up the YouTube app on my tv and watch the game was easier than setting up FS1 streams for basketball games in my non-cable household shows just how far technology has come and how many options are out there.

Same for the baseball team to a lesser extent unless they made Big East championship game. Only 15 years ago most of our non-conference basketball games still weren’t all on tv at all, you had to be at the Meadowlands or listen on radio. Why not just embrace the wide range of options we have now that we didn’t before?

Can’t wait to see this board try to figure out how to watch Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime next year...

Streaming is the future! You’ll be seeing less and less on TV over the coming years. Really not a big deal.

Remember also that it’s not a normal set up with all of these games taking place at multi-field facilities in one general area. If they were on college campuses, the presentations would be more normal.
I would think all games at one place makes it easier and cheaper to broadcast. But with 150 channels routinely available, getting viewers gotta be hard. I am going to ask the shu guys I see around town if they even know we are playing.

I would think all games at one place makes it easier and cheaper to broadcast. But with 150 channels routinely available, getting viewers gotta be hard. I am going to ask the shu guys I see around town if they even know we are playing.

To stream a game, it takes an announcer (optional), a cameraman, a connection back to a place where it goes out over the stream (and that place can be someone’s living room) and that’s it. Of course there’s a hosting company involved, but that’s more of a licensing cost than a per game cost.

If anyone noticed during the Air Force game, there was a thing on the screen that said how many viewers were watching. It was around 1,200 most of the match.

Great job by Jerry getting the video. To date I don't see that anywhere else.
Well, here's how he got it.

Jerry called the school after midnight asking for some video. And guess what? At that ungodly hour the school send some video to Jerry around 2AM and he posted it in his story.

Super job by both Jerry C and SHU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT