ADVERTISEMENT

Is tomorrow a sell out?

shufan199_3

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2020
I hope so! If not I will really question our fan base. We are playing a team that went to the Elite 8 last year! Go Pirates!

Wouldn't be surprised (in fact, I'm expecting it). Only a few dozens of seats left on Ticketmaster, probably will be picked up by any walk up folks.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
What we really need is for the past 7 years of the amazing ravenous student section fans to get good jobs and start filling in the the good lower bowl seats that are now filled with fans who have had season tickets since PJ was the coach. Nothing against those current fans sitting there, but we need fans on TV with good hips and knees that can stand when exciting things happen.

What we really need is for the past 7 years of the amazing ravenous student section fans to get good jobs and start filling in the the good lower bowl seats that are now filled with fans who have had season tickets since PJ was the coach. Nothing against those current fans sitting there, but we need fans on TV with good hips and knees that can stand when exciting things happen.
Hey man, I’m old but till have good knees and hips (knock on wood).

Yep too many old heads saying they can't see when people are standing up cheering on our Pirates!

We aren’t the Yankees. Or the Giants. Or the Rangers. And I can go on. Those “old heads” that have been coming and paying for years are among the best fans we have.

So you are fine with fans getting yelled at for standing up and cheering on the team? It happened to me and I have heard other people having the same experience at the Rock as well. Are they really the best fans we have?

So you are fine with fans getting yelled at for standing up and cheering on the team? It happened to me and I have heard other people having the same experience at the Rock as well. Are they really the best fans we have?
Eh, what's the situation? You're standing for a few seconds to applaud a big play or you're standing during long stretches of action for no reason?

Ditto...several games.

Your beating a dead horse my brother.

I'm happy someone else is finally speaking up. I know this has happened to a lot of people and it sucks. It honestly discourages people from coming to the games. Not worth getting yelled at for cheering on the team

Reactions: Pirate 81
Small minded comment. Believe it or not many of us can stand and yell just fine, and as I have done since I graduated in ‘73. (And no one even helps

I'm happy someone else is finally speaking up. I know this has happened to a lot of people and it sucks. It honestly discourages people from coming to the games. Not worth getting yelled at for cheering on the team
Denial..
Sick of it on this forum !!!
Happy Veterans Day to all.

Reactions: The Crows Nest
Denial..
Sick of it on this forum !!!
Happy Veterans Day to all.

Happy Veterans Day. The last thing I will say on this its sad that people that attend Seton hall games have discouraged people from cheering. No wonder why people don't want to attend games. We do need a better crowd. Maybe we will see it this year.

Happy Veterans Day. The last thing I will say on this its sad that people that attend Seton hall games have discouraged people from cheering. No wonder why people don't want to attend games. We do need a better crowd. Maybe we will see it this year.
Keep beating your drum. The negativity you express about our fans after one game is absolutely hysterical. Someone yelled at me. Boo hoo. Where is my mommy

Keep beating your drum. The negativity you express about our fans after one game is absolutely hysterical. Someone yelled at me. Boo hoo. Where is my mommy

So are you fine with people getting yelled at by our fan base to sit down when cheering for the team?

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Buddy you have been complaining about this for years. You are a baby whiner who does nothing but complain. Wah someone yelled at me. Where’s my mommy.

The bad part about this is this type of behavior has kept people from going to the rock. People don't want to get yelled out to sit down because they are rooting for the pirates.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
The fans that tell people to sit down should be the ones that are staying home.
100% agreed. I'm fortunate to have a good seat in a section that isn't afraid to stand up, but it irks me SO MUCH when people yell at people to sit down. It's a college sports game, what do you expect? Golf clapping and remaining seated like it's broadway??

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
I hope so! If not I will really question our fan base. We are playing a team that went to the Elite 8 last year! Go Pirates!
To be fair…we are hardly playing a team that went to the Elite 8… the “School” that went…ok. But that roster is long gone.
However, fans should come out for the simple reason to support Shaheen and team…and yes there’s the connection to the Peacocks…

but this is not the Elite 8 team

The bad part about this is this type of behavior has kept people from going to the rock. People don't want to get yelled out to sit down because they are rooting for the pirates.
Nobody is staying home because someone asks them to sit down.

Pro tip. Sit in the top row of the section. Nobody will ever ask you to sit down again.

The team you are playing is not the Elite 8 team.
You miss the point. Sha coached SPU to the Elite 8 and is now coaching his alma mater against that school, there will be a ton of interest from Hall fans, SPU fans and the media. With 8600 tickets sold for the Monmouth game, it will most likely be a sellout against SPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
How is it a small minded comment? This happened to me. Someone yelled at me for cheering during the game after big plays.
I attend games with my 4'11" daughter who cheers just as much as anyone else. I've never asked a fan to sit down, however, there are times when some clowns will stand endlessly. I pay the same amount for my daughter's seat that you pay for yours - just common courtesy to allow my daughter to view the game.

It's not impossible to cheer without standing for minutes on end.

I’m older and have much younger people asking me to sit down all the time. I tell them to go home and watch it on TV if they want to sit. Are you actually coming to the game? If I see someone with a gas mask I will say hello.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT