ADVERTISEMENT

J&J Vaccine Reaction

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
As cases are starting to increase i was able to secure a J&J vaccine this weekend. I deemed this kikd of vaccine better risk/reward than an mrna

but now apparently they had to shutndown two vaccination sites for adverse reacrions. is this normal? never heard of a bunch of people fainting from a vaccine. not exactly looking forward to saturday.

As cases are starting to increase i was able to secure a J&J vaccine this weekend. I deemed this kikd of vaccine better risk/reward than an mrna

but now apparently they had to shutndown two vaccination sites for adverse reacrions. is this normal? never heard of a bunch of people fainting from a vaccine. not exactly looking forward to saturday.
My sister is a nurse and has been giving the vaccines for months in the Philly area. She says most people that have a reaction are not eating and not hydrated. Most of the reactions she has seen post vaccination is because people are dehyrated. So eat a good meal and hydrate well the day before and day of and you will be fine.

Reactions: SHUSA

I've had the same thought process. If I choose to get it, I'll probably do the same one shot. But I too have grown concerned with the recent reports. Right now I'm leaning towards not getting any of them.

I've had the same thought process. If I choose to get it, I'll probably do the same one shot. But I too have grown concerned with the recent reports. Right now I'm leaning towards not getting any of them.
the numbers of bad reactions are still statistically low. which is what im trying to rationalize. my gf got it on weds and had no reaction. im going to the same place. ill probably hang around for 30 min LOL.

but with the recent events in colorado and NC... plus the news of the big manufacturing facility screw up this J&J shot seems like its gotten off to a horrible start.

My sister is a nurse and has been giving the vaccines for months in the Philly area. She says most people that have a reaction are not eating and not hydrated. Most of the reactions she has seen post vaccination is because people are dehyrated. So eat a good meal and hydrate well the day before and day of and you will be fine.
exactly what im going to do. great advice. i passed out one time covered in puddles of sweat because i had a blood test and didnt eat or drink prior. it was before lunch time at school. now, losing a pint of blood in a state of low blood sugar is probably much worse than a prick of a vaccine but not taking any chances

the numbers of bad reactions are still statistically low. which is what im trying to rationalize. my gf got it on weds and had no reaction. im going to the same place. ill probably hang around for 30 min LOL.

but with the recent events in colorado and NC... plus the news of the big manufacturing facility screw up this J&J shot seems like its gotten off to a horrible start.

Yeah. A relative of mine got it as well a month ago and hasn't had anything go wrong yet so it's probably okay for most people.

But I just have a hard time getting to YES given the fact that I'm at low risk from the virus anyway. I assume you are too since I believe you're a few years younger than me.

Yeah. A relative of mine got it as well a month ago and hasn't had anything go wrong yet so it's probably okay for most people.

But I just have a hard time getting to YES given the fact that I'm at low risk from the virus anyway. I assume you are too since I believe you're a few years younger than me.
after the first 30 mins youre probably in the clear.

i dont think j&j will have any long term effects. at this point i want to get it and go on living life again. the more people vaccinated = faster to life going back to normal. im not a microchip believer either.

none of the people who fainted had any serious problems. so i guess ill update you tomorrow on how it goes.

the one thing i dont get is why theyre making people take two doses of the mrna vaccines when the first dose is 90% effective and the second is only an additional 5%? just get the first and call it a day. why be forced to have 2?

after the first 30 mins youre probably in the clear.

i dont think j&j will have any long term effects. at this point i want to get it and go on living life again. the more people vaccinated = faster to life going back to normal. im not a microchip believer either.

none of the people who fainted had any serious problems. so i guess ill update you tomorrow on how it goes.

the one thing i dont get is why theyre making people take two doses of the mrna vaccines when the first dose is 90% effective and the second is only an additional 5%? just get the first and call it a day. why be forced to have 2?
Although I tend to agree there probably won't be any serious long term effects (especially compared to the mRNA method), we don't know that for sure.

Agree on the two doses of mRNA. Maybe it's something they saw in the trial, who knows? I find it odd that Moderna could never take a product to market because it didn't work or there were safety issues, now all of a sudden this comes out and they say it's great and put out all these creepy propaganda ads to encourage people to get it. People just suck it up, no questions asked.

There are only two people I know who got the Moderna shots who didn't experience side effects. Both over 60 years old. Anyone else I know who got it said they experienced moderate effects (not mild, moderate). Another had severe effects that almost required hospitalization. Seems to set in about 12 hours after the shot and lasts 1-3 days. Hopefully you get none of that with Janssen. Good luck tomorrow.

Although I tend to agree there probably won't be any serious long term effects (especially compared to the mRNA method), we don't know that for sure.

Agree on the two doses of mRNA. Maybe it's something they saw in the trial, who knows? I find it odd that Moderna could never take a product to market because it didn't work or there were safety issues, now all of a sudden this comes out and they say it's great and put out all these creepy propaganda ads to encourage people to get it. People just suck it up, no questions asked.

There are only two people I know who got the Moderna shots who didn't experience side effects. Both over 60 years old. Anyone else I know who got it said they experienced moderate effects (not mild, moderate). Another had severe effects that almost required hospitalization. Seems to set in about 12 hours after the shot and lasts 1-3 days. Hopefully you get none of that with Janssen. Good luck tomorrow.
thanks. side effects usually mean you have a good immune system. wonder what the general consensus of the board has been

i got the johnson and johnson a couple weeks ago. i got it at 2:30pm and at around 1am that night i started to feel off and went to bed. the whole next day i felt very fatigued, but after that day i was back to normal. im happy to have gotten the J&J and have it all be done in one shot.

Reactions: shu09 and SHUSA
i got the johnson and johnson a couple weeks ago. i got it at 2:30pm and at around 1am that night i started to feel off and went to bed. the whole next day i felt very fatigued, but after that day i was back to normal. im happy to have gotten the J&J and have it all be done in one shot.
thanks for the response. ive only ever had arm soreness from shots. no idea why this hits so hard.

i also now see that theres an "increased" risk of a more dangerous type of blood clot. happens for the MOA in JJ and Astrazeneca.

theyre really making these things sound wonderful to get

Reactions: shu09 and queso CFH
oh, figured i should add that im 39 years old and i always skip the usual annual regular flu vaccine, and ive heard that people in my age range that dont normally get the regular flu vaccine are having worse side effects. i should have included that up front...

anyway, best of luck!

oh, figured i should add that im 39 years old and i always skip the usual annual regular flu vaccine, and ive heard that people in my age range that dont normally get the regular flu vaccine are having worse side effects. i should have included that up front...

anyway, best of luck!
ayyy i got the flu vaccine this year.

My wife and I both received our two doses of the Pfizer vaccine and other then feeling fatigued for a couple of days we experienced no serious side effects .

that was a big boy needle lol. heard that carbs were a part of the MOA so i ate a biiig bowl of oatmeal, banana, and plenty of water before i went.

the shot was pretty heavy for a shot lol, but no pass out. ill report back on the next 48 hours for all interested

What does MOA mean?
method of action. i dont know the details of how it works but heard that some of the passing out was people who didnt eat. something about this vaccine uses carbohydrates to work so if youre low on them it messes with you.

a 4th JJ vax site was shut down yesterday so i took those minor precaurions, but its still super rare to have any acute reaction.

Well you made it through the 15-30 minute window. Interested to see what the next 24-48 hours brings for you. Hopefully nothing.

Well you made it through the 15-30 minute window. Interested to see what the next 24-48 hours brings for you. Hopefully nothing.
its been about 12 hours. ironically ive had the most active day in about a year. im spent. and largely due to the fact i was on my feet touring a campus for 5 hrs, not eating lunch, coming home to a home improvement project. right now its a bit like im super drained which i might have been on a normal day.

I hear sleeping is a wild ride for a lot of people but im looking forward to the rest

Reactions: shu09
I'll be 77 in a month or so and had the Pfizer 2nd shot Feb.10th along with my wife.....I had no side effects at all..my arm hurt for a day and a half...I would say not as bad as the flu shot.
My wife's arm hurt less but felt some what off and a little achy the next day but able to maintain her normal routine....elated to get the shots.

The definite trend is that older folks have little to no reaction while younger people have intense reactions.

The definite trend is that older folks have little to no reaction while younger people have intense reactions.
as i was leading up to bed time my legs started to feel spent. the night was restless, kept moving positions with different pains (or at least i thought). it was more so the rain that woke me up.

im feeling pretty fine today. eyes a little heavy. if thats the worst of it i would definitely recommend getting it. ive had hangovers that were 10x worse.

oh and my arm is tender! easily the most noticeable part but no sweat unless youre a total baby. compared to other shots i found the actual punch to hit much harder. more of a fun fact. nothing bad tho.

Are any of you who received the vaccine concerned about what may happen the next time you encounter a different coronavirus, such as the common cold? I'd be concerned about an overactive immune system leading to a cytokine storm.

Are any of you who received the vaccine concerned about what may happen the next time you encounter a different coronavirus, such as the common cold? I'd be concerned about an overactive immune system leading to a cytokine storm.
i dont think thats based on anything in reality. more so based on a conspiracy that a new virus will be released that causes cytokine storm in everyone vaccinated. not sure im that off the deep end.

i know the JJ vax method is based on adenovirus studied over a bunch of years. hopefully means the JJ is a better one to get in the long run if i have any irrational fears (which are normal to have). Covid can also cause cytokine storm itself.

i guess elderly and comorbidity will be most effected by it so if there is something crazy to take place id be able to isolate for 6 months until the vaccine wears off. they arent permanent. summer is coming up so right now i just want the world to get back to normal and i helped that.

That's the problem. We're being held hostage by governments saying we can only get our freedoms back if we take the vaccine. That doesn't scare you? That isn't government overreach? Americans are supposed to be free people no matter what's going on. Thank God we have the Constitution or it'd be even worse. We could be Canada, New Zealand, Israel or most places in Europe. Rolling lockdowns, oppressive restrictions and no hope. All for a respiratory virus that 99.8% of people survive.

Hope you didn't have any serious effects from your shot. Anything else to report?

Reactions: dehere23
That's the problem. We're being held hostage by governments saying we can only get our freedoms back if we take the vaccine. That doesn't scare you? That isn't government overreach? Americans are supposed to be free people no matter what's going on. Thank God we have the Constitution or it'd be even worse. We could be Canada, New Zealand, Israel or most places in Europe. Rolling lockdowns, oppressive restrictions and no hope. All for a respiratory virus that 99.8% of people survive.

Hope you didn't have any serious effects from your shot. Anything else to report?
well i guess its half and half. there is a covid pandemic, but its time to open up. we did our best to supress it and we did. its a state by state thing and my state is one that will only get back to normal if a vaccine is widely implemented. or the numbers start dropping again. were not the only place like this.

second, there are private establishments that choose not to open up, or increase their capacity. so its not just a govt thing.

i agree about the survival rate but i still dont want to deal with covid. i know people like me who had a bad time, im pretty convinced the chance for blood clots in the lungs is super high after covid. 8% of people have it which i think is a lot compared to other viruses.

its just a shitty situation. i feel fine now. shot some hoops earlier.

It's amazing how often the goal posts moved. First it was flatten the curve so hospitals weren't overwhelmed. Understandable, but then when in reality hospitals were never overwhelmed, it changed. Then it was the virus is still out there and we don't have a vaccine! Everyone hide in your houses! Then it was "variants" (every virus mutates, this isn't new). Now it's take the vaccine to open up.

Why haven't we developed a treatment for those who get sick? That's the game changer, not the vaccine. If we have a treatment for those who become ill, this ends immediately and the big pharma companies can still make their money.

It's amazing how often the goal posts moved. First it was flatten the curve so hospitals weren't overwhelmed. Understandable, but then when in reality hospitals were never overwhelmed, it changed. Then it was the virus is still out there and we don't have a vaccine! Everyone hide in your houses! Then it was "variants" (every virus mutates, this isn't new). Now it's take the vaccine to open up.

Why haven't we developed a treatment for those who get sick? That's the game changer, not the vaccine. If we have a treatment for those who become ill, this ends immediately and the big pharma companies can still make their money.
they have figured out many effective ways to treat. and the survival rates shot up. have they figured out a treatment for the flu? not really. they havent figured out a treatment for most viruses you need a vaccine for.

theres no one pill or shot you can sell for that

Don't you think the Drs. involved have came across this issue before with previous vaccines.

Don't you think the Drs. involved have came across this issue before with previous vaccines.
i think previous vaccines inject a small dying peice of the virus. i think these viruses are replicating a an immune response without the actual virus. so previous vaccines wont apply.

not sexy enough to sell.

either you sell treatment to 8% of people or a vaccine to 60% of people.
It's not a binary decision. Vaccines are obviously useful in prevention. Treatments that have been developed have shortened length of stay in hospitals, reduced symptoms and fatalities, etc. MSM (and politicians) can only focus on one thing at a time. If you live your life following both, guess what?

That's the problem. We're being held hostage by governments saying we can only get our freedoms back if we take the vaccine. That doesn't scare you?

The government is not forcing you to get the vaccine.

Obviously the more that get vaccinated, the better off we will be in regards to the spread and potential additional mutations, so of course they are encouraging people to get it.

All for a respiratory virus that 99.8% of people survive.

Are you talking about the infection fatality rate? That implies 288 million people in the US have been infected. Or are you saying that only .2% of the entire US population will die so the shut downs weren't worth it?

I disagree with 1 one thing you stated in this post. The united States government is not forcing you to take the vaccine.

Obviously the more that get vaccinated, the better off we will be in regards to the spread and potential additional mutations, so of course they are encouraging people to get it.

Are you talking about the infection fatality rate? That implies 288 million people in the US have been infected. Or are you saying that only .2% of the entire US population will die so the shut downs weren't worth it?
but state and local govts wont open up until we hit a certain vaccination rate. so they say.

No. This is not a typical vaccine.
I got vax but agree with you

This should be a personal decision

I noticed that my Alexa kept playing adds in which doctors spoke about the need to get vaccinated; it was an add from the state of NJ.

After we avoided the run on the hospitals there is a fair argument that our government (particularly at state levels) has overreached

Murphy opens up amusement parks in summer and let’s anyone go to Costco, Walmart etc....but close local restaurants and schools ...too funny .... but they get away with it

Reactions: dehere23 and shu09

The government isn't forcing you directly, but it is tying reopenings and getting back to normal to people taking the vaccine.

Given the actual infection rate is 7-10x the reported number of positives, yes, 288M might have already had it. Shut downs were not worth it and were bad policy from the start. I have said this since March of last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT