ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry on Prince Aligbe

I watched Jamir play in high school and I definitely think JaQuan is a better prospect than his older brother but idk what's going on with him or if he will even be the same player when he comes back
There is a younger brother than Jaquan…2026.

I don't foresee us having much competition when it comes to anyone trying to poach Wusu.
I respectfully disagree, particularly based on his play over the last month or so of the season. He is a plus defender and found his 3 point shot late in the season, which completely changed him from a one dimensional player to a 2-d player.

I respectfully disagree, particularly based on his play over the last month or so of the season. He is a plus defender and found his 3 point shot late in the season, which completely changed him from a one dimensional player to a 2-d player.
I'm not saying he's a bad player or anything. He's not. He wasn't as good as I thought he'd be this year based on watching him at SJU. I just think there are tons of guys in the portal like him, so I don't see anyone luring him out, and there is probably a red flag from the SJU days too.

Reactions: shu09
If he’s Dre’s replacement we’re in deep trouble. Dre was Mr dependable for us. Could shoot, post up, and score when the clock was winding down. Dre was an offensive player, it appears Prince is not and for an already offensively challenged team that wouldn’t be very good…
I know it sounds crazy but I think if you saw Dre play before coming to Seton Hall, you wouldn't think he would of turned out the way he did for us. He averaged 7 points and 3 rebounds on 43% shooting from the field and 20% from 3 lol I love what he did for us in his 2 years here but Sha really developed him well. I expect him to do the same for Prince who was a similarly rated prospect coming out of high school with similar body type and game. Not saying he's going to be as good as Dre, but being able to start for us is a really possibility I think

I don't foresee us having much competition when it comes to anyone trying to poach Wusu.

I'm not saying he's a bad player or anything. He's not. He wasn't as good as I thought he'd be this year based on watching him at SJU. I just think there are tons of guys in the portal like him, so I don't see anyone luring him out, and there is probably a red flag from the SJU days too.
I think a lot of good teams would like a guy with Dylan's skill set to fill a role.

He's a fifth-year player who is a solid and versatile defender with offensive ability. He is inconsistent offensively but for the most part played his best basketball over the last third of the season -- including the NIT run.

He's not a great player by any means but good teams have a guy like this on their roster. And, relative to what he provides, is probably a bargain NIL wise.

I think a lot of good teams would like a guy with Dylan's skill set to fill a role.

He's a fifth-year player who is a solid and versatile defender with offensive ability. He is inconsistent offensively but for the most part played his best basketball over the last third of the season -- including the NIT run.

He's not a great player by any means but good teams have a guy like this on their roster. And, relative to what he provides, is probably a bargain NIL wise.
I think there are teams that would want him for a defined role, no doubt. If you are poaching, I have to think a team would have to pay more $, and I'm assuming he makes decent NIL now for the exact reasons you cited. Otherwise he would be a potential flight risk. And I think there are plenty of upperclassmen like him in the portal which can fill that void.

Thanks for posting Jerry's article, Dan. As Jerry reported, Seton Hall liked his physicality, aggression and toughness. And that was what they saw in a scrimmage! Although there are other players who take the approach of "We're talking about practice, not a game, practice", I love a guy who's competitive, works hard, and plays hard, whether it's practice or a game. A junkyard dog (or lunch pail guy - credit to rdefabri) is a player I want on my team and will do anything it takes to win. In fact, when they embrace that role, they often become fan favorites.

Thanks for posting Jerry's article, Dan. As Jerry reported, Seton Hall liked his physicality, aggression and toughness. And that was what they saw in a scrimmage! Although there are other players who take the approach of "We're talking about practice, not a game, practice", I love a guy who's competitive, works hard, and plays hard, whether it's practice or a game. A junkyard dog (or lunch pail guy - credit to rdefabri) is a player I want on my team and will do anything it takes to win. In fact, when they embrace that role, they often become fan favorites.
lol I see what you did there with Iverson and our backup PG!!!

From Zags: "Prince Aligbe, a 6-foot-7, 225-pound wing who spent two seasons at Boston College and scrimmaged against The Hall in both of those campaigns, transferred to The Hall on Friday in part to fill the void left by Dre Davis."

Again, they brought him in as a potential replacement for Dre. Of course, he's got to earn his spot but he's being brought in to help fill that void without question.

From Prince: “Obviously with the departure of Dre Davis, they’re not saying, ‘Oh, we want you to be exactly like him,’” he said. “But they were telling me about the development....[Holloway] has always been familiar with my game.”

Don't be surprised if he's our starting PF to begin the season.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT