ADVERTISEMENT

Jerseys??

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
Looking at one of the tweets it looks like we had some jersey updates. My take

hate the neck on our mains for all styles (script, modern, alternate)

looks like our freshman are wearing possible alternates? black, yuck. grey, worse. navy blue old school script, would like it if it wasnt so close to nova, butler, xavier, etc.

its offseason lol

I think the navy blue is just the lighting or whatever filter. It’s the usual blue.

I think the navy blue is just the lighting or whatever filter. It’s the usual blue.

good catch. still dont like the necks lol. hate that crew neck style and then they colored it and made it big and stick out lol.

i still think the black jerseys dont look that bad. theyre just associated with losing.

Necks are horrible and the little pirate(hey now )on the shorts is much worse than before.

Black jerseys should be shot into space and gray were cool 10 years ago now they just look tired.

Reactions: BabyBlue
Necks are horrible and the little pirate(hey now )on the shorts is much worse than before.

Black jerseys should be shot into space and gray were cool 10 years ago now they just look tired.
i didnt even see a shorts pirate. lol i know its petty but i cant get over those necks!

Reactions: thehall07
Classic Glory Days jersey is now and will always be the best. Just make some variation of it year to year but nothing crazy.

Reactions: SHUMA04
This may be a totally goofy take, but if we’re going to have black jerseys then play up the “black flag” or “Jolly Roger” angle. Give me black jersey with white numbers/letters, “Pirates” on the front, and some kind of stylized white swoops crossing beneath the number on the back like crossbones under a skull. Blue edge piping/up the sides. If it’s a rare alternate there’s no need for it to be bland and totally lacking in uniqueness to the school.

This may be a totally goofy take, but if we’re going to have black jerseys then play up the “black flag” or “Jolly Roger” angle. Give me black jersey with white numbers/letters, “Pirates” on the front, and some kind of stylized white swoops crossing beneath the number on the back like crossbones under a skull. Blue edge piping/up the sides. If it’s a rare alternate there’s no need for it to be bland and totally lacking in uniqueness to the school.
i actually think that would be cool. as abdurdly corny as it sounds. lets see what on mocked up looks like. feel like there is definitely a lack of branding around the actual pirate element. maybe its just too corny who knows.

good catch. still dont like the necks lol. hate that crew neck style and then they colored it and made it big and stick out lol.

i still think the black jerseys dont look that bad. theyre just associated with losing.

Seconded!

Agree on the dislike of the necks. We had awesome jerseys and screwed them up
Sadly I think this might be just an attempt to show the Under Armour logo in one more spot. In the Jahari black uni photos you can clearly see the trademark UA right under the neck. I assume any t-shirt that will be worn under our jersey will have to be UA provided. I know we are one of the few remaining UA schools so this maybe a desperate move by that company to feature that logo even more. Just my take.

Last edited:

Unless I'm missing something, that's not a Pirate on the shorts, it's the UA logo.

There's always been the small retro Pirate on the throwback shorts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT