ADVERTISEMENT

JETS - JETS - JETS

SnakeTom

May 29, 2001
Big win for Jets yesterday against the previously undefeated Eagles. Oddly it is the first time the Jets have ever beaten the Eagles in regular season play (11-0 before game). The 2023 Jets may not score a lot of points and rarely a touchdown, but they don't give up touchdowns either. Fact is that they have given up no 2nd half TD's in their last three games. So the question is can their D carry them to the playoffs or beyond?

Tom K

Big win for Jets yesterday against the previously undefeated Eagles. Oddly it is the first time the Jets have ever beaten the Eagles in regular season play (11-0 before game). The 2023 Jets may not score a lot of points and rarely a touchdown, but they don't give up touchdowns either. Fact is that they have given up no 2nd half TD's in their last three games. So the question is can their D carry them to the playoffs or beyond?

Tom K
All up to the offense. And the offense doesn't have to win the game, just manage it. Can't go 3 and out and keep bringing that D back on the field. A few firsts downs to give the D rest. Manage the field position game. They can play with anyone.

On a side note they had no business winning yesterday. I really don't think the jets won the game as much as Hurts lost the game. But they only ask how many. not how or by how much. All things considered 3 wins is a good spot for them right now. Big W.

Tom K
Someone had a good time Sunday. :)

The Jets defense has done a heckuva job in these home games flustering star QB’s. Hurts has had some issues this year, even before yesterday, not sure what’s up there.

The AFC is tough. Much deeper than NFC. Even if the Jets can keep this formula up, you’ve got a couple teams trying to follow this script in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Then the Ravens and Chargers

Make shift secondary and OL and they come up big. I wish the Giants could step up like the Jets have. How do they keep losing to the Patriots?

All up to the offense. And the offense doesn't have to win the game, just manage it. Can't go 3 and out and keep bringing that D back on the field. A few firsts downs to give the D rest. Manage the field position game. They can play with anyone.

On a side note they had no business winning yesterday. I really don't think the jets won the game as much as Hurts lost the game. But they only ask how many. not how or by how much. All things considered 3 wins is a good spot for them right now.

On a side note they had no business winning yesterday. I really don't think the jets won the game as much as Hurts lost the game. But they only ask how many. not how or by how much. All things considered 3 wins is a good spot for them right now. Big W.
Looking only at this game one could conclude that Hurts had a "bad day"; but, when taken in the context that Josh Allen also had a "bad day" (his worst this year) and Patrick Mahomes also had a "bad day" (his worst) against this same defense...at some point you have to ask...did the QB just have a bad day...or how much did that Defense cause that "bad day".

Once is not a trend...but 3 times against 3 of the highest regarded and rated QBs in the game today, and I think that D has an awful lot to do with it....I know that for one, Allen wants no part of them again (check his last 3 or 4 games against the Jets...statistically some of his worst)...but he will get another shot later in the season.

I didn't even think Hurts had that bad of a day. I thought his receivers let him down more than anything with some really bad drops. 3 picks obviously looks bad in the box score, but only 1 was on him. And if Elliott doesn't miss that 4th quarter chip shot, the Eagles probably win anyway.

Reactions: TomD82
Looking only at this game one could conclude that Hurts had a "bad day"; but, when taken in the context that Josh Allen also had a "bad day" (his worst this year) and Patrick Mahomes also had a "bad day" (his worst) against this same defense...at some point you have to ask...did the QB just have a bad day...or how much did that Defense cause that "bad day".

Once is not a trend...but 3 times against 3 of the highest regarded and rated QBs in the game today, and I think that D has an awful lot to do with it....I know that for one, Allen wants no part of them again (check his last 3 or 4 games against the Jets...statistically some of his worst)...but he will get another shot later in the season.
The Jets defense isn't good, they are very good and might even be the best in the NFL. The Jets shut down Hurts. The Jets were responsible for his bad day. However the turnover was a dumb throw. The Jets didn't bait him into that. There were 2 guys right by his one receiver. No reason to throw that pass.

All Hurts had to do was pull that ball down and run with it. Let his team punt. Make the Jets go pick up a 40 yards in a short amount of time in order to kick a game winning field goal. Could it have happened, sure. But at that point, big odds in the Eagles favor to stop them.

Reactions: TomD82
Defense was superb. Quincy Williams might just be the best LB in the league at this point. Kyle Wilson definitely improving. Gotta remember his OL is poor and Cook and Cobb have been huge disappointments. Saleh doing a very good job with this injury riddled team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT