ADVERTISEMENT

Jevon Thomas Has Left The Program

KW really needs to recruit better so he doesn't have to bring in players with issues like Carter and now Thomas bolting... Obviously his play had been less than stellar, but he probably should have been shown the door last year after the intramural incident.

This is YEAR 7 for Pete's sake...

Reactions: SHUMA04 and Piratz
Was extremely underwhelmed with his play. Im guessing he was told hes out of the rotation for the most part

he Seton Hall basketball team’s rotation, already diminished by departures and an injury, just got even smaller.

Backup point guard Jevon Thomas has quit the program, the school announced Wednesday. The move ends a tumultuous tenure in South Orange for the Kansas State transfer and leaves the Pirates with just nine scholarship players for tonight’s home game against Providence.

Three of those players---center Rashed Anthony, guard Eron Gordon and guard Dalton Soffer---have been deep reserves for much of the season. That will change, obviously.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...jevon-thomas-quits-seton-hall-hoops/97651294/

Does this end his playing career unless he graduates and can use the graduate transfer rule?

Does Willard get any blame for having 3 players leave mid-season?
No, but now he has another "excuse" if he needs it...

Could really use Singh right now. I guess we are going to find out what Gordon can bring to the team as he's going to get minutes...

So tonight's starting lineup is:

Carrington
Jones
Rodriguez
Nzei
Delgado

With Gordon, Anthony and Soffer off the bench?!? Better hope there are no quick whistles tonight...ooph.

* How could I forget Powell??...thankfully...

Last edited:
Hey, something must have happened for this to happen at this point in the season. As poorly he has played, we still had a backup PG that could eat some minutes. The really good news is that this does open up the extra ship that we would need to get Duval and Walker!

Reactions: ShuVol and Piratz
For what I could see, not a great loss. I think that Gordon would actually be above him in the rotation anyway. We need offense, didn't give us any and his defense was not what it was made out to be.

Reactions: Seton75 and shu2x79
For what I could see, not a great loss. I think that Gordon would actually be above him in the rotation anyway. We need offense, didn't give us any and his defense was not what it was made out to be.

Can't be the brightest bulb on the tree to quit with a month to go.

No, but now he has another "excuse" if he needs it...

Could really use Singh right now. I guess we are going to find out what Gordon can bring to the team as he's going to get minutes...

So tonight's starting lineup is:

Carrington
Jones
Rodriguez
Nzei
Delgado

With Gordon, Anthony and Soffer off the bench?!? Better hope there are no quick whistles tonight...ooph.
Your forgetting Powell

Locker-room cancer? Something was going on to distract the team for a while now, it seems. Sometimes less is more.

May have thought he would get more minutes after he came back.

Oh well. I actually have thought they should see what Powell could do
bringing the ball up on certain possessions. The kid is smart and has good
instincts. Not sure how he would handle being trapped. I'm not saying to make
him the PG. The Nets let several guys initiate the plays including IW. Powell
is the guy that fed Desi at Gtown for that late basket. Worth some consideration.

Wow, we always have a laugh on the board with the expression" The roster will
take care of itself." when talking about available ships.

I guess this is why when we talk about scholarships, Dan always says things have a way of working themselves out.

Fact- Over 600 players left (transfered) D1 schools last year. There are around 350 D1 schools.

Bench just got thinner tonight. Glad Gordon will get minutes.He may not be prime time ready, but at least he's a four-year player.

I guess this is why when we talk about scholarships, Dan always says things have a way of working themselves out.
True, but it would be nice if some of these guys left AFTER the season was over so there is as much depth as possible and enough guys to practice as well as needed. Granted, Singh, Carter and Thomas hadn't been doing much with the minutes they were getting, but as we now see with Ish, Carter could have been useful along with Nzei to pick up the slack. Hopefully The Hall doesn't need quality minutes in a tough situation from Anthony or Soffer down the stretch this season.

From the school. Short and sweet.

Clearly not a warm farewell.

Jevon Thomas Leaves Seton Hall Basketball Program

South Orange, N.J. - Seton Hall men’s basketball junior Jevon Thomas (Queens, N.Y.) has left the program, effective immediately, head coach Kevin Willard announced Wednesday.

“Jevon has made the decision to leave our program. We wish him the best in his future endeavors,” Willard said.

How many of those 600 left/were pushed out DURING the season? The Hall has 3 so far this year...
Veer was not pushed. It was his decision due to lack of PT.

Carter was let go because he did not take his academics seriously. That's on him.

Thomas was a gamble and it turned out to be a bad one. Clearly he has issues.

Who said they were pushed out? How do you know how many according to you ( were pushed out after the season)?

Dan Some posters on this board have issues (have an agenda).

Veer was not pushed. It was his decision due to lack of PT.

Carter was let go because he did not take his academics seriously. That's on him.

Thomas was a gamble and it turned out to be a bad one. Clearly he has issues.
I specifically said "left" or "pushed" out...

When you take a transfer, often you are taking another coach's problem. I'm glad he left. Had he stayed was he hear for another two years?

Is Willard to blame for Whitehead leaving, too?

And "he is not a BE player" is much overused. With a full squad, teams have twelve scholarship players. How many of those on every team are not BE players? Anywhere from two to four.

Who said they were pushed out? How do you know how many according to you ( were pushed out after the season)?
You have no clue...

My agenda is wanting The Hall to win games and make the NCAA tournament...

Carter was "pushed out/forced out" due to academics. That's on him, but it doesn't change what it is... Don't let the facts cloud your judgment.

From Carino:
Jerry Carino ‏@NJHoopsHaven 1m1 minute ago
The bigger issue is Seton Hall's had three midseason departures. That's unusual and a bad optic. Could use Veer Singh now.

He should have been expelled when he choked another student.

I'd have to imagine not having JT slotted as pg for this year and next year would have enhanced our chances of landing a late committing freshman(or juco/grad transfer) pg last year and would have helped in landing a freshman pg (IW2 or JA or others) in this class. Hopefully, it can now somewhat help land a late committing pg.

For the rest of the season, I think it hurts the depth no question.

Now I'm really sorry Singh left. A good kid who couldn't get it going. Yet !
Wish the coaches and he gave it more time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT