ADVERTISEMENT

John Fanta the voice of the Big East Conference

Have to say I like Fanta quite a bit. He goes off on some weird tangents on the baseball broadcasts but he is a very solid listen especially for a guy his age.

I know he is a Seton guy and (I think) did broadcasts while in college, but does anyone know his backstory? Huge for him to be "the voice of the Big East" at his age.

Reactions: mbraue
I cant answer that question. But I was listeing to a SHU game in the BET baseball playoffs this year. It was late in the game, maybe 1oth inning. I walked away for a minute. And heard Fanta excitedly yelling about a play. Hoped the excitement was due to SHU bias, but it was just about the play that beat us. Sucked to hear us lose, but impressed by his lack of SHU bias. Listen to a lot of baseball announcers on MLB network, and many are blatant homers and would describe a that play in a monotone if the other team did it.

Stated before but John is a not just a rising star but a Rocket .. Greatness is in his future. And what a spokesman for the University!! He just loves THE HALL. Nice due to Bob Ley and John Fanta..

Where was the Raf/Willard segment

How old is John - 25, 26? Very impressive for someone his age. I can only imagine how polished he will be at 40. He has a very bright future.

Last edited:
Good for John. He is a character. by way of Cleveland, OH I believe as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT