ADVERTISEMENT

June Tweets

The Gavitt Game that is in the works is against a slightly lower middle of the road Big East team.

The announcement is being held up as the two schools are working on a mutually convenient date.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
The Gavitt Game that is in the works is against a slightly lower middle of the road Big East team.

This got me thinking. Other than Nova & Depaul, can you really differentiate the rest of the Big East from year to year?

This got me thinking. Other than Nova & Depaul, can you really differentiate the rest of the Big East from year to year?

Sounds like Providence, Marquette or Georgetown.

The announcement is being held up as the two schools are working on a mutually convenient date.

Likely a road game since the last time they were in the Gavitt rotation they hosted St. John's. It probably boils down to who doesn't have control of its home arena for a game between 11/15 and 19. Likely combined with an already scheduled date limiting flexibility.

Sounds like Providence, Marquette or Georgetown.

Those would be the best bets. If it were SJU they would likely play at Carnesecca.

I will never forget Caver going coast to coast in the last 5 seconds and making the layup at the buzzer to be Georgetow.He and Dehere one of the best backcourts in the modern era.
Ed, going by memory so I might be wrong but I think it was closer to 3 seconds or so.

Alonzo Mourning had fouled out of the game and the middle of the Georgetown defense had no one to challenge Caver and parted like the Red Sea when he hit his game winning drive.

I will never forget Caver going coast to coast in the last 5 seconds and making the layup at the buzzer to beat Georgetown. He and Dehere one of the best backcourts in the modern era.
Awesome game. A-hole Mourning crashing our huddle after fouling out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT