ADVERTISEMENT

Just wait until hoopers stop playing midseason

And now, even if they are hurt, people will wonder if they really had general soreness. I am sure many of us wondered about that one.

And if commitments are made, they need to be signed and on file. And players need recourse if they are not fulfilled as promised.

Reactions: CL82 and Seton00
And now, even if they are hurt, people will wonder if they really had general soreness. I am sure many of us wondered about that one.

And if commitments are made, they need to be signed and on file. And players need recourse if they are not fulfilled as promised.
Some of us here posted continuously about all the fake “injuries”. Only to be spoken down to here. If you really think 20 year olds have general soreness or a bad shoulder or back tightness you are sorely mistaken.

As soon as your team is out of the NCAA pictures loads of players will either stop playing or fake an injury. They have no loyalty to the coach or school, therefore they won’t care who it pisses off as they’re only interested in their next pay day.

What if a contract is signed but they don’t have, and never had, the funds promised?
I assume contract law has an easy answer to that?

If any of us showed up for work and got paid differently than we were told, we could go get another job. Of course, the company we are working for made that promise, and it was not between some sports-crazed millionaire and our "advisor". SMHLMAO what a mess. And all this crap that may/is happen(ing) was so easy to assume would happen.

Some of us here posted continuously about all the fake “injuries”. Only to be spoken down to here. If you really think 20 year olds have general soreness or a bad shoulder or back tightness you are sorely mistaken.

As soon as your team is out of the NCAA pictures loads of players will either stop playing or fake an injury. They have no loyalty to the coach or school, therefore they won’t care who it pisses off as they’re only interested in their next pay day.

That is a wildly inaccurate broad brush. Just off the top of my head, I can rattle off legitimate injuries that significantly reduced availability and impacted level of play - John Garcia (knee), Marcus Toney-El (back), Brandon Mobley (shoulder), David Tubek (back), Alexis Yetna (knee).

With all that said, I did have, and retain, high levels of doubt on Mr. Richmond's general soreness.

I think the take away from the whole Skula thing is don't promise to pay a kid $100,000 and then stiff him. That's the kids claim, anyway. Out of all the alternative theories being offered out there, it seems the most plausible to me.

Reactions: radecicco and SOBO1
I don’t blame the kid at all. I absolutely believe him. They agreed on a salary and then stiffed him. I don’t necessarily agree with using nil as a loophole for pay for play but it’s the world we live in.

And kids need to make sure they are listening to decision makers when they get a so-called offer. Hey coach, the Oline coach just promised me 100K. You good with that?

As it stands, the system is too open for lying on both ides of the deal.

The kid needs to sue his agent/handler. He's a professional athlete, and these contracts have to be in writing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT