ADVERTISEMENT

Kadary’s Triple double…..

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Triple double in College Basketball is a helluva feat albeit in OT. but looking closer at Kadary’s stat sheet, he goes 8 for 32 on FGs today, and just took 1 3 pointer. That is a brutal FG% with that may attempts. Could he have distributed the ball more today? He shoots 40% and we win the game easily and he scores 30+.

A lot of different ways you can go with Kadary’s game today. Regardless, he’s been tremendous this season and the effort today he gave can’t be anything but applauded.

Reactions: Jerry1992
Not sure if he was 100%. Give him credit for playing through it if he wasn’t healthy. Did miss many layups today. That hurts in a game like today. On to the next one.

Reactions: shu09
Clearly seemed he was not himself yesterday, though he soldiered an incredible 55 minutes. After a most impressive first half, Davis seemed to disappear, or we oddly didn't go to him, for much of the second. Seems as if Shaheen was committed to Kadary-or-bust. Would have liked to have seen more of Coleman.

We have to give Kalbrenner some credit he altered lots of our shots. The kid was in great position on the floor most of the day. Great player who does lots of things that go unnoticed. Plus Kadary is banged up a bit and was definitely not himself. That fall vs St. John’s was not good .

Creighton is a good defensive team. They hounded him pretty well. Also have to deal with Kalkbrenner down there.

Richmond made a few fantastic post moves yesterday to get shots off, a handful just rolled off. Unfortunate.

Reactions: halltheway
In my mind there was no doubt about who the best player on the court was yesterday. He was banged up but attacking the rim and nobody can stop him from getting there. He normally finishes at a higher rate near the basket but he had a triple double on an off day which is crazy. We have the best player in the big east, and one of the best players in the country.

In my mind there was no doubt about who the best player on the court was yesterday. He was banged up but attacking the rim and nobody can stop him from getting there. He normally finishes at a higher rate near the basket but he had a triple double on an off day which is crazy. We have the best player in the big east, and one of the best players in the country.
It's pretty fun to watch him play. Richmond patiently attacks a defense and they can't stop him even when they're loading up to do it. And he's a handful to defend because he wears you down physically. His whole game is physical: What he does in the paint, how he defends his rebounding, etc.

Last edited:
I heard in the stands yesterday that it was only the 2jd triple double recorded in SHU history? Is that true?

I’d have to respectfully disagree, 8 for 32 really taints the triple double.

I'm a big Kadary fan, but felt his excessive driving and shooting in the second half took Davis out of play. Davis was almost unstoppable during the first 20 minutes. Some(?) of this certainly falls on Shaheen.

Reactions: newshu1
1000% credit to Kadary for a hell of a game and fighting through pain. I will not take that away from him. What a kid. However, I do think a lot of his drives in OTs he could have dished out or hit a cutter towards the basket for an easier two or three instead of getting blocked 7x or missing the shot. That’s the way the ball falls sometimes though I guess. Taking 32 FGs IMO is a lot. Credit to him for fighting though.

I look at it as a learning experience. Hes the guy this year and hes leaving it out there on the floor. If the game goes south he can at least he can say he gave it all. Thats all you can ask for with your leader.

To nit pick, after seeing that he wasnt shooting his best , I would have found ways to get Davis the ball down the stretch. He had the hot hand and what seemed like a mismatch all all game. As a distributing PG thats where I think they could have defaulted to on a few of their empty late clock possessions. That also might have got him to the triple double earlier in the game.

....great game, horrible calls on both end. Hopefully they use it as fuel and keep grinding. If the game tells us anything this team can grind.

Reactions: Cool Danch
I think there were a combination of factors working.

Creighton is a solid defensive team and not only because they have a center who can clean up a lot of messes if the first line of defense breaks down. They hold opponents to 30% on threes because they can defend the line.

I'd agree that we would have wanted to go to Davis more (10-12) but I think CU clamped down a bit on him and Dre can be passive at times. Plus, Dawes wasn't on -- again partially due to the attention CU paid to him. He did a nice job of finding shots in the lane off that little curl action we ran a few times.

That primarily left Kadary as the one guy who could consistently get where he wanted/needed. Again, that probably plays in the CU defensive game plan. Don't let teams beat you from deep and funnel everyone towards the center who can block everything. If he was off or banged up, so much the better for CU.

I only got to see snatches of the game. Saw several short misses that seemed due to the influence of CU bigs

Wasn’t even the best game I’ve seen HIM play
He’s a valuable player because he does so many things. He doesn’t have shot otherwise he’d be a bigger NBA prospect.

He’s had a rough homestand: 4/14 & 8/32, by far his worst stretch.

Give me a tainted triple-double any day of the week - 24 years since our last triple-double. How about the steal with 4 seconds left?

We don't get to overtime without him, and we are 6-13 without him.

Enjoy watching him play while you can.

8 for 32 does not taint his absolutely amazing game yesterday. I knew you posters who never played a game of basketball would make such ridiculous comments. Go back to playing NBA2K.

Give me a tainted triple-double any day of the week - 24 years since our last triple-double. How about the steal with 4 seconds left?

We don't get to overtime without him, and we are 6-13 without him.

Enjoy watching him play while you can.

8 for 32 does not taint his absolutely amazing game yesterday. I knew you posters who never played a game of basketball would make such ridiculous comments. Go back to playing NBA2K.

You can both play a great game AND take a disproportionate amount of shots. The 32 FGA isn’t reflective of him being a ball hog. It’s a result of SHU not being built to take a lot of 3s, which was compounded in a 55 minute game.

My thoughts were the 32 FGA was the result of not really running plays but running the clock down and KR doing his thing while the other guys watched. Relying on KR to score the ball is great but then it leads to other guys holding back their offense and not really running sets. Need more balance in the offense going forward.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
You can both play a great game AND take a disproportionate amount of shots. The 32 FGA isn’t reflective of him being a ball hog. It’s a result of SHU not being built to take a lot of 3s, which was compounded in a 55 minute game.
Bingo - 55 minutes. Not crazy considering that 3 OTs.

Kalbrenner made all the difference. what other center in the BE can do what he does defensively and that includes Clingan. No Kalk and Kadary goes for 30.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT