ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

Looks like I have a reason to go to my first game @ Allen Fieldhouse. Been living in Kansas City for 6 years and have been wanting to attend a game there.
We are going to lean on you for local reccs, need the fire BBQ joints etc

Reactions: Marc1996
Do you think the NCAA will have them on probation by then ??
giphy.gif

Not sure if there is another thread about the following question and if so, apologies in advance.

Is the Kansas game something the booster club would consider putting a trip together for? I believe they are doing one over Thanksgiving and this might be too much because it's so soon after but figured I'd ask.

I called pirate blue and they said they wouldn't have any details until mid September but my excitement for the season is growing as the days pass!

Reactions: walshtrips
Not sure if there is another thread about the following question and if so, apologies in advance.

Is the Kansas game something the booster club would consider putting a trip together for? I believe they are doing one over Thanksgiving and this might be too much because it's so soon after but figured I'd ask.

I called pirate blue and they said they wouldn't have any details until mid September but my excitement for the season is growing as the days pass!
I am going with a group of 8 from NYC/ NJ area we are doing our own booster club trip lol. Should be a good one

The booster club comes back from Orlando the day prior to the Kansas game so we won’t be running a trip to Lawrence Kansas. But that doesn’t mean that there won’t be a few of us who will be leaving the next day for Kansas. I am planning + 3. Michigan was a very good game last year. Can lightening strike again?

very tough for a die hard fan to turn down the Kansas trip. Truly once in a life time opportunity. Chance to watch your team play in arguably the best venue in college sports against one of the most storied programs of all time.

Lawrence is a great college town. Unlikely I'll be able to go but jealous of you who will. I'd recommend The Eldridge if you want to stay in a hotel that's right on the main drag. (Though it might be popular on game days.) And about a 2 mi walk to Allen Fieldhouse if you're feeling sprightly and want a stroll across campus.

As for BBQ, my vote goes to Jack Stack's. There are several scattered throughout the greater KC area.

Reactions: Hall Is Life
The booster club comes back from Orlando the day prior to the Kansas game so we won’t be running a trip to Lawrence Kansas. But that doesn’t mean that there won’t be a few of us who will be leaving the next day for Kansas. I am planning + 3. Michigan was a very good game last year. Can lightening strike again?
very tough for a die hard fan to turn down the Kansas trip. Truly once in a life time opportunity. Chance to watch your team play in arguably the best venue in college sports against one of the most storied programs of all time.
Following for this. Orlando is too rich for my blood this year but a game at Allen Field House and seeing the original Naismith rules museum display has been a bucket list trip of mine for years. I probably shouldn’t go but this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the Prates play there. If I can get the time off from work and get a reasonable flight and meet up with other Pirate fans I’d be interested in making the trip.

Looks like I have a reason to go to my first game @ Allen Fieldhouse. Been living in Kansas City for 6 years and have been wanting to attend a game there.
Hey, I lived in KCMO for nearly 10 years (2 in Johnson County) and never got there. Been on the campus many times but not in the Phog. Big regret. Make sure you get there.

I am going with a group of 8 from NYC/ NJ area we are doing our own booster club trip lol. Should be a good one
Seems like there is a few of us on this thread that are interested in going. Maybe we can figure out some logistics and book group rates and details.

Reactions: metalpirate07
For those that are going, what hotel is everyone staying at? In Lawrence?, KC?

might have to go just to avoid having to replay our ncaa loss to kansas over and over on tv. although mothing to be ashamed about. valiant effort

For those that are going, what hotel is everyone staying at? In Lawrence?, KC
From a former KU student:

“For hotels if you want classic lawrence staples I would do the oread (top of hill so great location, right on campus, great views, always a hit for a venue), the Eldridge (oldest hotel with fun history, mass street so near lots of bars and shopping, bit of a walk or short drive from campus), any hotel near mass street would be fun. If you want to avoid crowds though the hotels off 23rd street are a bit further from campus and would probably be cheaper too.”

I've been to AFH previously. Not too familiar with lodging in Lawrence proper, but there are plenty of affordable options in the Overland Park/Shawnee area. About a 40-45 minute ride from AFH and closer to Kansas City. Lawrence seemed like a nice town though.

Reactions: mjkpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT