ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Knox to Kentucky....

Fishjam

All World
Gold Member
Mar 27, 2016
Some thought he would team with Duval at Duke. 5-Star Top 10 2017 Forward.

Some thought he would team with Duval at Duke. 5-Star Top 10 2017 Forward.
In all honesty, if you are a high school player who is using a year or 2 in college for the sole purpose to get to the NBA, it's a no brained you go to Kentucky. The numbers with players getting drafted and then getting that big second contract are staggering

Funny how 20 out of 23 experts on 247sports crystal ball predictions had Knox Duke-bound with the others listing UNC. Was he deliberately misleading folks or was this a last minute change of heart? I wonder how much concerns on Coach K health play into these decisions.

Trevon, not too late to help lead the Pirates to San Antonio in 2018.

Funny how 20 out of 23 experts on 247sports crystal ball predictions had Knox Duke-bound with the others listing UNC. Was he deliberately misleading folks or was this a last minute change of heart? I wonder how much concerns on Coach K health play into these decisions.

Trevon, not too late to help lead the Pirates to San Antonio in 2018.

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/article149100864.html

Great to hear that Duval was sporting SHU gear. Would be nice to know Angel's decision soon as well. Really excited about next season no matter what.

The other day at work (I live and work in Kansas City), this guy was talking Kansas hoops. The name Duval came up and the gentlemen said, "I think he is definitely going to Seton Hall." Even if that is not the case, it brought a smile to my face.

In all honesty, if you are a high school player who is using a year or 2 in college for the sole purpose to get to the NBA, it's a no brained you go to Kentucky. The numbers with players getting drafted and then getting that big second contract are staggering
There're top players coming out of HS. Seriously doubt 1 yr at UK or any school really benefit them or improves their skill set. But going to a 1 & done factory I could seeing a drawback. When 7 of the 13 players are expected to be in the NBA the next year. You sort of get lost in the shuffle.
As for my school would rather have consistent cohesion and seamless transfer.
Best about tre if he comes is he will give Walker a year of maturing

There're top players coming out of HS. Seriously doubt 1 yr at UK or any school really benefit them or improves their skill set. But going to a 1 & done factory I could seeing a drawback. When 7 of the 13 players are expected to be in the NBA the next year. You sort of get lost in the shuffle.
As for my school would rather have consistent cohesion and seamless transfer.
Best about tre if he comes is he will give Walker a year of maturing
What Seton75 said... you can't argue with the numbers. Derek rose pre injury, John wall, Demarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, the list goes on. He gets them drafted and they get that second contract. That's all the players care about

Reactions: Pirate6711
The other day at work (I live and work in Kansas City), this guy was talking Kansas hoops. The name Duval came up and the gentlemen said, "I think he is definitely going to Seton Hall." Even if that is not the case, it brought a smile to my face.

I agree. I've been hearing from people not associated with SHU for a while now that Duval is ours. I have not heard it from anyone here or associated with SHU. This has been a wild ride. Hopefully he commits here and gels with this group the way Gaze did in 89.

Reactions: mbraue
Kevin Knox, No. 9-ranked prospect in 2017, commits to Kentucky
10:11 AM ET
  • i

Jeff BorzelloESPN Staff Writer
Five-star forward Kevin Knox announced his commitment to Kentucky on Saturday.

Knox, the No. 9 prospect in the 2017 class, chose the Wildcats over Duke, Florida State, North Carolina and Missouri.

Knox adds to Kentucky's top-ranked recruiting class. He is the sixth five-star prospect to commit to John Calipari's program in the 2017 class, joining P.J. Washington (No. 11), Nick Richards (No. 16), Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 18), Quade Green (No. 23) and Hamidou Diallo.

Diallo enrolled at Kentucky in January but didn't play, then he entered his name into the NBA draft without an agent. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (No. 33) and Jemarl Baker (No. 63) are also in the fold.

Mohamed Bamba, the top uncommitted prospect still available, is choosing from among Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Michigan.

Kentucky lost freshman stars De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk and Bam Adebayo to the NBA draft, as well as sophomores Isaiah Briscoe and Isaac Humphries, in addition to Diallo.

Knox took official visits to all five of his finalists, including a trip back to Duke in October and visits to Florida State, Kentucky and North Carolina in January and February. Missouri jumped into the picture late, after Cuonzo Martin replaced Kim Anderson as head coach and signed Michael Porter Jr., the nation's No. 1 prospect.

The Tigers hosted Knox for a visit in early April, and they picked up momentum after the trip. Knox then welcomed each of the five schools for in-home visits in recent weeks.

The No. 2 small forward in the 2017 class, Knox is a Tampa (Florida) Catholic High School product. He averaged 28.5 points and 11.3 rebounds this past season, leading his school to the state championship game.

Knox also averaged 19.6 points and 7.9 rebounds last spring and summer on the Nike EYBL circuit with the Each 1 Teach 1 AAU program. He was named a McDonald's All-American and also represented USA Basketball at the U17 World Championships and the U16 FIBA Americas Championships.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...es-kentucky-florida-state-duke-north-carolina

I agree. I've been hearing from people not associated with SHU for a while now that Duval is ours. I have not heard it from anyone here or associated with SHU. This has been a wild ride. Hopefully he commits here and gels with this group the way Gaze did in 89.

Same here but it has been with "people" associated "indirectly" with SHU and an outside source. But I learned my lesson last year.

Btw why don't my smiling thumbs-up emojis ever show up? Lol

Reactions: SHULaw05
Halldan, do you believe SHU still has a shot at Duval? Not sure if I should believe this latest hype or not.

A month ago I thought it would come down to us and Duke. But about 2 weeks ago my sources no longer were confident. The only good news I can tell you is that some who believe and in fact still insist we were told by Duval that he is not coming are IMO wrong. A strong source said that never happened so I will take him at his word.

I know that Powell is still in contact with Duval and is trying. At least that's what he saying for public consumption. So maybe he is still trying, or maybe he knows that Duval is not coming and he's just trying to honor his friends choice to keep things quiet.

Bottom line....there's always a chance but I have to say I would be happily shocked if he chooses the Hall.

Good interview... Gotta love his response to the Jordan Walker signing (1 minute mark), stating:
  • "No", it doesn't hurt Seton Hall's chances
  • We talked to him prior to the JW commitment (great to hear communication lines are still open)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_T
The only thing that would shock me is if he chose Baylor - I don't see them having a chance like the other 4.

Everyone thinks he's heading to Duke since that Instagram post weeks ago. Probably, but if he was decided weeks ago, why drag it out when he could have been out recruiting players like Knox, Bamba and others? If he's announcing this week he still won't have official word on Frank Jackson.

Also, something in me is keeping a shred of optimism open for Seton Hall. Still surprised Willard would go into season expecting big minutes at PG from Khadeen.

It's almost become a contest to see who the last top 5 or top 10 or even top 20 player is to sign to add more drama and draw more attention to his commitment. In the top five who will be the last to commit, Duval or Bamba . In the top twenty add Timon, Bowen or Petty to the mix. All this waiting and drama does get old very quickly.

I'm not going to say that I don't want Duval becuse that would be silly, but we have an extremely crowded backcourt. I imagine it would be difficult to satisfy Duval, carrington, Powell, Cale, Walker and Gordon with only 80 minutes available at guard.

Win or lose with Duval I like our team.

I'm not going to say that I don't want Duval becuse that would be silly, but we have an extremely crowded backcourt. I imagine it would be difficult to satisfy Duval, carrington, Powell, Cale, Walker and Gordon with only 80 minutes available at guard.

Win or lose with Duval I like our team.
Gordon won't be playing a lot of minutes whether or not another guard joins this team. Also, Desi's back-up will be a guard and we'll have three-guard lineups whenever he's not in the game. That was the case last season and next season our group of guards will only be stronger.

Gordon won't be playing a lot of minutes whether or not another guard joins this team. Also, Desi's back-up will be a guard and we'll have three-guard lineups whenever he's not in the game. That was the case last season and next season our group of guards will only be stronger.
Give Gordon a chance. Players can improve. Nobody had Ish having a tremendous sophomore year. I hope Gordon works his ass off this summer and can give us minutes. It's not like Gordon was a reach of a recruit. If I'm not mistaken he was ranked around 150 in his class. He has talent. If he works on a few areas he could very well earn minutes.

Reactions: its haLL baLL
Ish was a lot better than most thought back then. He simply didn't get a chance as a freshmen playing behind Mobley and Desi.

In the three practices I witnessed (and posted on the Trove) his freshmen year I noted that the best player on the court those three days was Desi and that Ish (only on defense and the boards) wasn't far behind.

Hope Ish has a breakout senior season and starts making buckets from the get go. I am still shocked he doesn't score in double digits because as many that have seen him in practic know, he makes the buckets during practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT