ADVERTISEMENT

KING to decide tomorrow

One has to think it's Oregon after he recently visited there and they visited him and he had about a week to put together his announcement video... I would be shocked if he picked us... at least we will now know exactly where we stand.

Last edited:
Right. It's not a good look when a recruit announces before his scheduled visit to your school. Once everyone calms down tomorrow we should have a rational discussion about recruiting and what the hell is going on. This is truly bizarre. I understand that recruiting is extremely competitive but given our current status we should be able to do much better.

Yeah but we need more than him to stay at our current level imo. I'm kinda over having to settle.

You said we needed 1 top 50ish player for 2018. Thompson.

KC was 125-150 ... Powell top 75
Desi was 200-250 ... Cale Top 75
Angel was top 50 ... Thompson 50-75
Ish top 400 ... Sandro Top 125

Let's hope the higher rates recruits that we have settled for play better than the lower rated recruits from 2014....

Right. It's not a good look when a recruit announces before his scheduled visit to your school. Once everyone calms down tomorrow we should have a rational discussion about recruiting and what the hell is going on. This is truly bizarre. I understand that recruiting is extremely competitive but given our current status we should be able to do much better.

We need more suitcases filled with $$$. Just when you think recruiting can't get dirtier, it continuously does. To think what you do on the court is the main attraction is completely false. You have to keep up with the Jones' in the ugly world of recruiting.

As a side note, Oregon has a very good cheerleading team.

Reactions: TheBluePirate
And now rumors flying that Luther is heading to OSU with Holty, despite Huggy Bear and Mack putting on the full court press and SJU making the kid a priority for a LONG time.

6 months ago I thought there was a good shot that at least 2 of the King, Luther, JQ and Reid group from NJ would stay in the conference. Now it looks like none. Disappointing.

Is there anyone other then Flnj who believes that King will select SH over Oregon.

And now rumors flying that Luther is heading to OSU with Holty, despite Huggy Bear and Mack putting on the full court press and SJU making the kid a priority for a LONG time.

6 months ago I thought there was a good shot that at least 2 of the King, Luther, JQ and Reid group from NJ would stay in the conference. Now it looks like none. Disappointing.

Luther to OSU for weeks/months now....

I don't kno what to believe/think anymore. Just spoke with buddy who is Hudson Catholic grad and connected to the Hudson county high school basketball scene and he said he thinks king is going to shu.

I'm not sure if his information is dated or what but all logic is pointing king to Oregon? <drops to knees begins to pray>

Reactions: halltheway
I want to see a big time transfer in December (I believe we have one schollie available right?). That will calm me down a bit.

All full up for 2017-2018
Big 4 seniors
Nzei
Powell & Gordon
3 freshmen
3 sit-outs (Gill, McKight, TT)

I don't kno what to believe/think anymore. Just spoke with buddy who is Hudson Catholic grad and connected to the Hudson county high school basketball scene and he said he thinks king is going to shu.

I'm not sure if his information is dated or what but all logic is pointing king to Oregon? <drops to knees begins to pray>
I think some of our really good posters need new sources. Seems like it was the worst kept secret that JQ gave a silent verbal to AZ in July when Miller and his staff watched him at the tourney in Montclair and JQ visited AZ June/July. Then if you read other boards it sounded like Naz Reid was all set for LSU for a few weeks but no one wanted to believe it and that we were still slightly in the hunt. Now Oregon is about to land King and we've been hearing from other boards to watch out for Oregon but our sources didn't think he was interested in heading out that way. I'm starting to think that everyone's source is someone on the staff and our staff is not getting a good feel for what is really happening behind the scenes.

I can't recall. Did we ever get a highly rated recruit to commit that did not visit the campus?

My source has been mum...Not sure whether to take it as a bad or good sign...We need a skilled sf for next year. If King does not commit, which most here feel, and all the playing time available next year, I hope we can land a quality sf player. Also I think Manuel becomes more important now if King doesn't commit. Maybe we should check out Filip Petrusev from Montverde Academy from Serbia. He is getting a lot of attention lately.

My source has been mum...Not sure whether to take it as a bad or good sign...We need a skilled sf for next year. If King does not commit, which most here feel, and all the playing time available next year, I hope we can land a quality sf player. Also I think Manuel becomes more important now if King doesn't commit. Maybe we should check out Filip Petrusev from Montverde Academy from Serbia. He is getting a lot of attention lately.

Don't worry the staff has a plan.

Reactions: hallball95
I love how everyone seems to have a source. That. Is. Awesome. My sources seem to think King is going to Oregon. My sources are the Oregon fans on Twitter.

Reactions: shu09
I think some of our really good posters need new sources. Seems like it was the worst kept secret that JQ gave a silent verbal to AZ in July when Miller and his staff watched him at the tourney in Montclair and JQ visited AZ June/July. Then if you read other boards it sounded like Naz Reid was all set for LSU for a few weeks but no one wanted to believe it and that we were still slightly in the hunt. Now Oregon is about to land King and we've been hearing from other boards to watch out for Oregon but our sources didn't think he was interested in heading out that way. I'm starting to think that everyone's source is someone on the staff and our staff is not getting a good feel for what is really happening behind the scenes.
For the record - I think king is Oregon bound. I don't think what the Hudson catholic guy told me is accurate. I was just posting it because it's an interesting tidbit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT