ADVERTISEMENT

Left Coast Pirates - Bryan Felt Interview

LeftCoastPirates

All Big East
Feb 6, 2019
Here is our annual interview with AD Bryan Felt as we do our State of the Union check in.

We cover a little bit of everything:
- the pandemic
- the practice facility
- the success of WBB / and Men’s Soccer
- the impact of transfers and NIL
- plus much much more.

Sound Cloud

Spotify

Apple podcasts

2 years is an absolute worse case scenario. Look for shovels in the ground much sooner than that.

Regarding pinning the thread....It stays up at the top of the board for about a week as opposed to it moving down the page after a day or two.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
2 years is an absolute worse case scenario. Look for shovels in the ground much sooner than that.

Regarding pinning the thread....It stays up at the top of the board for about a week as opposed to it moving down the page after a day or two.
Just think people don’t look at the top but that’s just me

Agree this is another fantastic episode of the podcast with the hosts well prepared as always.

And agree that I often overlook posts pinned to top. Perhaps you can leave next one unpinned just so we can test the hypothesis.

Reactions: thehall07
What I do is keep it pinned to the top and then after a week or so take it down to the regular board starting at the top.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

They might have a point though Dan.
For example an interview with our AD has 180 views on the thread in almost a week.

but a thread posted just yesterday on the Wisconsin story has 130 views and is by far one of the lowest viewed threads on the board.

some of the podcasts are actually time sensitive, if for example we are interviewing a beat writer from the opposing team we play in a couple of days, a week later would not be the best of both worlds in that scenario.

I would be curious to see the difference in thread views if it were on the regular board for a week initially vs being pinned to the top.

OK, unless you request it I won't pin your stories to the top of the board.

They might have a point though Dan.
For example an interview with our AD has 180 views on the thread in almost a week.

but a thread posted just yesterday on the Wisconsin story has 130 views and is by far one of the lowest viewed threads on the board.

Part of the reason the post doesn't get more views is because people can see that there are no additional posts in the thread. The original post sat at the top of the board for nearly five full days before it got a response.

If I've already read the original post and there's nothing beyond that why do I need to look at it again?

Part of the reason the post doesn't get more views is because people can see that there are no additional posts in the thread. The original post sat at the top of the board for nearly five full days before it got a response.

If I've already read the original post and there's nothing beyond that why do I need to look at it again?

I agree with that as well. No argument on that point.
I just find it interesting that many people over time have continuously said they overlook the posts pinned at the top.

considering Dan puts relevant stuff at the top (as pinned) I wonder why people still continue to say that they overlook it going forward. Yet they still say they do.

So from an experimental perspective, I would be curious to see how a post does that is pinned vs unpinned.

I thought Felt was a little more political and guarded this time. Getting used to his position maybe.
I mean based on the question, regardless of how difficult it might be, isn’t that his responsibility?

I would love for him to stoke the fire further when talking about the Rutgers rivalry, but there is only so far he can go with something like that.

The discussion on NIL was very interesting. No doubt the Football 5 schools have a huge advantage and the BE and similar schools are going have to figure it out. I trust Val and the BE brain trust and there are some very savvy people in and around the BE. It will be interesting how our student athelete “influencers” will be able to monetize their NIL.

Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT