ADVERTISEMENT

LIFE OFF SHIP SITE COMPLAINTS ETC

SnakeTom

May 29, 2001
I understand that a few people have complained to Dan about this page on our site.

First of all I hope you understand that Rivals is a SPORTS SITE. They make no money nor are they concerned with this page.

I started PirateCrew.com for Rivals over 20 years ago (1998). About 10-12 years ago I brought in Dan to help run the site and eventually take it over. Dan runs the sports site pages not this page. He has no interest in this page whatsoever. I am the one who created this page for those who desired a place to intelligently discuss non sports related topics.

I am currently semi retired from PirateCrew but I do loosely monitor this page only. Not on a daily basis but a few times per week. So if anyone has any complaints they should send them to me only, not Dan. The purpose of this page is intelligent discussion not name calling. I understand that political discussions can get heated and we give a lot of leeway here. We do not want to ban anyone, but if things get out of control closing this page is an option.

Tom K (SnakeTom@aol.com)

Reactions: Halldan1 and Merge
This board is fine as is, the only people complaining are a small minority who don't seem to tolerate anyone who may disagree with them. Thank you for providing the forum where people with different perspectives can discuss current events.

giphy.gif
I’m just thrilled there is someone else besides me that has an aol address. Thanks Tom.

I urge caution with that, Tom. The Rutgers Rivals mods deleted their equivalent "off-topic" board for the same reasons, and their main football board quickly became an alt-right cesspool. What was once a pretty good board has become unreadable, and it would be a shame if that happened here too.

I think people who frequent Life Off the Ship know what they're in for and what they can expect, for better or worse. But at least it keeps most of that over there instead of polluting our primary board.

I think this board ok as is.You are allowed to express your view without being banned or having caution statements as you are on Facebook or Twitter for saying things the far left can’t tolerate

Reactions: Hallsome
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT