ADVERTISEMENT

Loss of a True Pirate

Stone

All Big East
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
My friend and SHU alumnus Anthony Colavita passed away today. He was known on the board as C72. Tony loved SHU and passed away wearing his SHU shirt.He was as fine a man as I have ever met a brilliant attorney and one of my closest friends.May he rest in peace.
MR

Last edited:
2020 has been a tough year and that includes the Seton Hall community with so many true Pirate supporters passing away recently.

I got to know Tony through Mike (Stone) and what he says about Tony is spot on. It just seems so often that the good ones are the people taken from us too soon.

Mike recently lost his beloved wife now he is going through this again with his close friend. I can't imagine the grief Mike is feeling as well as that of Tony's family who are with him tonight.

Rest in peace just sounds too hollow when something of this nature happens, but those are the only words I can think of saying.

We'll all miss another great family man, friend and Pirate supporter.

My friend and SHU alumnus Anthony Colavita passed away today. He was known on the board as C72. Tony loved SHU and passed away wearing his SHU shirt.He was as fine a man as I have ever met a brilliant attorney and one of my closest friends.May he rest in peace.
MR
Rest well. Sincere condolences to his family.

Reactions: batts and Halldan1
MR

Sorry to hear about Tony's passing. My condolences to you and to his family for your loss.

Reactions: Halldan1
This is so sad. Tony was a great guy. He sat in our section and we got to know him over the years. Such a terrific man. Tony would travel for every game all the way from Long Island and back and was as dedicated an SHU fan as you will ever see. He loved SHU and would attend games with his wife or son or bring a friend but he was always there. I enjoyed talking to him before the game or at halftime. Just a terrific person all around. So sorry for you Stone. He was too young. Big loss to our community. My deepest condolences to his family. May he Rest In Peace and perpetual light shine upon him.

MR
So sorry to hear the news Mike. May your friend and our fellow Pirate rest in peace.

Tony used to sit right near me in Section 117 back when we were still at the Meadowlands. I didn't know him too well, but we spoke a few times and he was a heck of a nice guy and as good a Seton Hall man/fan as you could be. From what I see above, it sounds like he wound up among better company once we moved to The Rock, and good for him!

He will be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT