ADVERTISEMENT

Lyons Sit Down with NJ.com

Can't be said enough but Lyons has really been excellent for Seton Hall. He has real interactions with athletes and even the general student-body.

He says in article he has an exit interview with every Senior athlete to discuss their experience. That's great and sets them up to stay involved as young alumni and be donors. I played baseball for 4 years in the 90s and never had one conversation with our AD. In fact I never even saw him more than 10 times in 4 years.

Our facilities in all sports were not good. Now for a tiny campus, our facilities are strong and well-kept across the board. He sees the little things and knows they add up to big things in the end. Hope we keep him for a long time although it will be a challenge.

Good press for SHU and Pat must have worked pretty hard to get nj.com to actually print this for us because they favor you know who.

Great line...they are all bad jobs till they are not...

I have had the opportunity to spend some time with pat over the last several years and I can honestly say he is an outstanding human being. He has tremendous commitment to SHU and all of our athletic programs. He engages with all alumni and makes you feel special. When your with him you want to dig a little deeper and give a little more to the fundraising campaigns and you feel good about it. That's a good AD. Hope we keep him for many more years.

Reactions: ShuVol and Halldan1
Good press for SHU and Pat must have worked pretty hard to get nj.com to actually print this for us because they favor you know who.

While they give RU more press it is often quite negative. I see them as equal opportunity bashers. But this is a rare good piece for the SL.

What a great series of articles, great job by NJ.com.

We are very very lucky to have Pat leading the Pirate Ship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT