ADVERTISEMENT

March recruiting tweets

I appreciate you guys keeping us posted. But a tweet about every time a kid hears from a school takes the fun out of following recruiting for me. Never thought I would prefer a month old Whispers column from Eastern basketball...

Big East Briefs was it for me.
Beb was the best. And nothing was better than reading about mte, then dre, then eg announcing for the hall in the nsl, or sha on TV putting on the shu hat. Writing this brought me back to where my life was for all of these great events. I measure my life in shu recruiting moments, apologies to Tom E.

I appreciate the recruiting updates. Recruiting is so important and while we don’t get 95% of our offers/interest, we need to be in it to win it so it.

Thank you for doing them!

I appreciate you guys keeping us posted. But a tweet about every time a kid hears from a school takes the fun out of following recruiting for me. Never thought I would prefer a month old Whispers column from Eastern basketball...

Lol people complaining about reading about offers but lamenting about something that came out monthly 30 years ago.... can’t win

Reactions: mikewalsh
The news was scarce back then They told you who was strong with whom. Now its every offer being made till a kid announces his top 15. Social media gives way more info than I am interested in. I wish I didn't write the post cause i sincerely appreciate the posters who post this stuff and I dont wish to look like I am criticizing them.

You know what else was tons better in the old days? A newspaper, huge casualty of the net, and a dangerous one.

Guess I am just saying till a kid says my top 3 or 5 are these schools, it tells me nothing about shu recruiting.

The news was scarce back then They told you who was strong with whom. Now its every offer being made till a kid announces his top 15. Social media gives way more info than I am interested in. I wish I didn't write the post cause i sincerely appreciate the posters who post this stuff and I dont wish to look like I am criticizing them.

You know what else was tons better in the old days? A newspaper, huge casualty of the net, and a dangerous one.

Guess I am just saying till a kid says my top 3 or 5 are these schools, it tells me nothing about shu recruiting.
I get it but would you rather nothing for months or this ... I guess you answered that already but God that is so boring.

I get it...there’s a block button somewhere on here if your message was aimed at me. I won’t be upset....lol

Reactions: HallBall02
Unfortunately, I think our strategy for both HS recruiting and transfers is to throw our name out there to all potentially helpful players and see what players have real interest and then go from there.

I know nothing about Toney but if lots of other high majors are interested, maybe he has potential?

Toney’s numbers at Pitt are interesting. Started every game and averaged 35mpg. FG% was 46.4% ; 3point % was .34% : ft% was.667% and was second leading scorer at 14+ppg. He did have 37 assists and 38 turnovers.

Last edited:
Jasper is an outstanding on the ball defender and made his Conference all defensive team. Redshirted as freshman and saw his offensive production improve from 5.4ppg his sophomore year to 7.6 his junior year to being his team’s leading scorer his third year on the court with 15.6 ppg.

Reactions: mbraue
If SH has two open ships to give you would have to think that 1 will definitely go for a guard and the second hopefully for a big but I don’t think what position the second ship is targeted for is clear.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
One thing to keep in mind with this open-season on transfers is you never know if it is symbolic of larger problems at a program (like seems to be the case with Pitt), a kid being recruited over, a kid wanting a change of scenery, a "mutual parting" of ways, or frankly a kid being gently or overtly pushed out the door. Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

Tandy was a top 100 kid, so at face it looks like a loss for Xavier. But who knows what really transpired? Assuming Odom, Jones, Kunkel and Wilcher all return, those 4 all played more minutes than Tandy and seemed to leap him for playing time. That's 4 guard options right there, and assuming that neither Scruggs nor the other senior kid they have return.

Lol people complaining about reading about offers but lamenting about something that came out monthly 30 years ago.... can’t win
I love reading the recruiting stuff
Number 1 reasons, by far, as to why I joined and have stayed on trove. Appreciate the info and people’s efforts to share

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT