ADVERTISEMENT

Mario Kegler from Miss State transferring

TommyAlly

All Big East
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2002
Just announced he's leaving the program. He's 6'7 220lbs. Averaged 9.5 PPG and 5.5 RPG. Don't know much about him and I'm not sure we'd be interested. He was a Top 100 recruit and would have 3 years of eligibility after sitting out this year.

Mario Kegler

6-8, 218 | Class of 2016

Scout Grade 86
4 Star

11 POSITION
15 REGIONAL
1 STATE
47th

i

ESPN Analyst
Updated 04/25/2016

Strengths:
Kegler is a six-foot seven small forward that can finish on the break and has a terrific mid-range game that includes a nice shot fake and pull up jumper in addition to having the ability to get to the rim where he scores over smaller defenders and through contact. He also knocks down the spot up three when his feet are set. Kegler plays is attack mode on the offensive end of the floor.

Weaknesses:
Kegler will have to continue to work on his ball handling and continue to work on being a consistent performer.

Bottom Line:
Kegler is an excellent scorer with great size and strength. He is a tough match up at both forward positions and is a high major combination forward that is more of a small forward.

NOTES
Travel Team: MBA Select...

SCHOOL LIST

Miss St
Signed
icon-check.png

Arizona State
icon-check.png

Maryland
icon-check.png

Indiana
icon-check.png

Baylor
icon-check.png

Last Updated: April 25, 2016

Mario Kegler

6-8, 218 | Class of 2016

Scout Grade 86
4 Star

11 POSITION
15 REGIONAL
1 STATE
47th

i

ESPN Analyst
Updated 04/25/2016

Strengths:
Kegler is a six-foot seven small forward that can finish on the break and has a terrific mid-range game that includes a nice shot fake and pull up jumper in addition to having the ability to get to the rim where he scores over smaller defenders and through contact. He also knocks down the spot up three when his feet are set. Kegler plays is attack mode on the offensive end of the floor.

Weaknesses:
Kegler will have to continue to work on his ball handling and continue to work on being a consistent performer.

Bottom Line:
Kegler is an excellent scorer with great size and strength. He is a tough match up at both forward positions and is a high major combination forward that is more of a small forward.

NOTES
Travel Team: MBA Select...

SCHOOL LIST

Miss St
Signed
icon-check.png

Arizona State
icon-check.png

Maryland
icon-check.png

Indiana
icon-check.png

Baylor
icon-check.png

Last Updated: April 25, 2016

Sounds like just the type of sit out player we would use the ship for.
No idea if there is any interest though

Reactions: shupat08
Supposedly howland was in LA celebrating his birthday and guys are transferring out This might be 3rd guy out

Just announced he's leaving the program. He's 6'7 220lbs. Averaged 9.5 PPG and 5.5 RPG. Don't know much about him and I'm not sure we'd be interested. He was a Top 100 recruit and would have 3 years of eligibility after sitting out this year.

More like top 75

Would be a huge get and fill a major need after Desi and Ish graduate. And we'd get experience that the freshmen we are looking at don't offer. Compelling for sure.

I noticed that he shot 36% FG from 3 pt and scored 13 points when the played Kentucky.

Mississippi to New Jersey ? the Pirate staff looks at college basketball players that are transferring . ,but Mississippi is a stretch.

Reactions: ArtieLange9
There has to be some logical nexus when a player announces he's transferring for SH to see if he has any interest in us. It could be a player we recruited out of HS, a local player, a player where we have a connection with his HS or AAU coach or some similar connection that makes sense .

Reactions: ArtieLange9
How can you forget the legendary Kelland Peyton.
Who was the guard that scored the most points in high school in Mississippi that eventually had surgery on both shoulders? His name was the same or close to another player we had.

Who was the guard that scored the most points in high school in Mississippi that eventually had surgery on both shoulders? His name was the same or close to another player we had.
Do you mean Brown...I think he was from Louisiana though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT