ADVERTISEMENT

Massive Choke Job By LSU

JIMSOULS

All World
Feb 5, 2006
LSU led N.C. State by 16 at the half. Down the stretch they missed 12 straight from the field along with their last six free throws. Wolfpack wins on a tip-in with 0.1 seconds left. Despite his team's meltdown, LSU coach Johnny Jones finishes the game with three unused timeouts.

Wolfpack now gets Villanova.

Hopefully this is a better match up for Nova. But I'll say this NC State is a wacky team. They can look like world beaters one game and terrible another. Hopefully Nova gets the terrible NC State. They can be very physical and their PG is very quick. But they are very undisciplined too.

Yeah, they scare me. They are very inconsistent, but are good enough to make a run. They've beaten some surprisingly good teams.

Malik Abu is very good and he was one time a Seton Hall target Wilard couldnt close the deal though shocker

I've been interested in N.C. State hoops since David Thompson's sophomore year. That's the same year I became a Seton Hall fan. If not for wanting to be a fan of a local team, the Wolfpack would probably be my favorite team to this day. I'll be pulling for them to beat Villanova, though I doubt it will happen. They are indeed wacky -- you just never now what will happen with a Gottfried-coached team. They were horrible against Duke in the ACC tourney, and really didn't play well against LSU. Big coaching edge to Nova, which will likely be the difference.

Originally posted by JIMSOULS:

I've been interested in N.C. State hoops since David Thompson's sophomore year. That's the same year I became a Seton Hall fan. If not for wanting to be a fan of a local team, the Wolfpack would probably be my favorite team to this day. I'll be pulling for them to beat Villanova, though I doubt it will happen. They are indeed wacky -- you just never now what will happen with a Gottfried-coached team. They were horrible against Duke in the ACC tourney, and really didn't play well against LSU. Big coaching edge to Nova, which will likely be the difference.
yeah, Godfried is a fantastic recruiter, but doesn't seem to show much in terms of X's & O's and getting consistency from his squad. To see them get so outhustled down low in that first half was surprising. But then so was LSU letting their big men disappear in the 2nd half. This is what you get from power conference schools that end up 8 or 9 seeds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT