ADVERTISEMENT

May Tweets

Will "Double-Duffels" Wade strikes again! Ha, let me guess, it went something like this..."Coach, yes, we are committing on Monday, we love you, love your program, can't wait to come on campus and help Pitt return to glory....but I have this family member/advisor who thinks I should pay a quick visit to LSU, and since he his 'family', I promised I would do so...but know, I'm just doing it for him, and I'll be committing on Monday." [A couple of days and a couple of duffel bags later...].

Hoops got duped by a satire piece the other day (never mind that the first word of the headline was Satire) that said Fran McCaffery’s kid was entering the transfer portal. If he had bothered to actually read it, he would have seen that the whole story was meant to be silly. And then Jim Hague added a reply where he clearly didn’t read it either, and even ripped a guy who was trying to tell him that it was a fake piece. Hoops has definitely seen better days.

Sadly we saw it in the post game media sessions. For a while he was a fixture in the room, although that is no longer the case.

I remember talking to him many. many years ago and that Hoops was clearly not the one we saw in the post game. His questions were not precise, instead being all over the place. Confusing and at times irrelevant. All coming from a man who probably (and did) forgot more than most of us ever knew about the game.

It's been a rough off-season for Creighton in a few ways, but McDermott is still getting great recruits. Now 19th in the country for the 2021 recruiting class (per 247), which is pretty amazing given that they had a top 30 recruit decommit after the "plantation" incident.

Reactions: BabyBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT