ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Kay Discussing St. John's .

hallgrad80

All Universe
Oct 27, 2001
Dropped some names we have discussed here with Danny and Bobby Hurley mentioned along with the HC at Manhattan if they go for the up and coming coach route. Mentioned Mullin , who Kay thinks wouldn't be interested and Mark Jackson who would want $2.5 to $3 mill. and they speculated whether SJU wouldn't go that high. Also mentioned Pitino's son as a possible candidate.

This post was edited on 3/27 5:28 PM by hallgrad80

He was talking Rick Sr when I listened and he sounded silly

We're talking Pitino Sr when I was listening which just makes no sense, can't believe no one calls these guys out when make stupid comments. The Louisville job is light years better than SJU
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not likely Pitino would go to St John's but there could be reasons why he would. It wouldn't be for the money, cause he's got plenty, but there's only one New York. He hasn't been opposed to moving to different jobs. He probably also grew up a St John's fan on LI. Lifestyle is better in Louisville, plus he's got the horses, but you never know. I wouldn't be surprised if it were offered and he took it, either. But not likely to happen

Sr may have realized he lost the battle to Calipari and Kentucky. And would be basically a gracious bow out. He would rule NYC area again. He is remembered pretty favorably in the city.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT