ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Rice a Head Coach Again

Did his teams do much in the few years he coached at Patrick School? Don’t recall how that worked out other than only there a few years.

I don’t know if Rice has figured things out but in a sport that historically overlooks bad behavior when it comes to winning, it seems odd it’s taken this long for him to land a head coaching job, in a high school no less.

Some guys act badly cause they are talented and no one tells them to stop acting like an ahole.

And I guess some guys just cant help themselves.

Hope its the former with MR.

I guess Phil Colicchio’s replacement didn’t fare so well there after he left for Elizabeth.

Tom used to go to games way back when in support of his brother.

The one time I saw him up close was at Big East Media Day at the Garden.

Back then coaches were in an area by themselves in seats. All except Rice. He paced the aisle like a tiger in a cage. Making it very difficult to question him. At the time I thought this guy is a wild man and went elsewhere.

With that image in my head I didn't like him. First impression I guess. But eventually I talked to many people at Seton Hall and to my surprise he was liked ( a lot) by everyone. I was told off the court he is as nice a guy as you will find. But in a competitive situation he was often out of control.

Now he has a second chance and I hope he takes advantage. I never thought it would take this long but it did.

I am rooting for him and would love to someday see him at the Hall in any capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT