ADVERTISEMENT

More from JP

Been a Jets ticket holder for about 35 years thru good & bad (Mostly bad).

Just maybe Mike White will be the new Tom Brady .

Ok I'm jumping the gun, but at least for today he was. But what a shocking game. Last week I swore I'd never go to another Jets game after that horrendous loss to New England. But my son David insisted that I go with him today.

What a performance by Mike White ! Let's face facts though, this may well have been White's career game. Quite possible that he never repeats a performance like this.

Seriously, I don't expect him to be the next Brady. The player he most reminds me of is New England rookie Mac Jones. Neither is very athletic nor throws the "long Ball" well. But both take what the defense gives them which is the hardest thing for a rookie QB to learn.

We don't know if White can repeat this performance but his life changed immediately after the game ended. Just think of the former practice player hearing about 60,000 people chanting his name from the stands. And suddenly he became a valuable asset that other teams will want to trade for or obtain as a free agent at a significant salary.

Thank you Dave for twisting my arm to go to this game. Otherwise I would have missed one of the most enjoyable games I have ever seen.

Tom K

Everyone seems to forget how Sam Darnold opened with that game in Detroit, and how the rest turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT