ADVERTISEMENT

Tony B on the roster

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

By Zack Cziryak

TROVE: Has the way in which you interact with the team or the way you coach changed as a result of this new landscape?

BOZZELLA: Yeah, the way I interact with them for sure, because I'm getting a lot of older kids that have played for different college coaches. So, I need to try and get to know them right away and find out what makes them tick, good or bad, because a lot of them only have one year of eligibility, maybe two. On the younger side I want to get to know them a little better because I know if I don't get to know them right away as freshmen, they may not be there as sophomores. And I ask my staff to do a lot of it, and they do a great job. DeDe [Simmons] and Cassandra [Callaway], Jose [Rebimbas] and Pete [Cinella] and Shakena [Richardson] , especially the females, they do a wonderful job of establishing the relationship and trust with the kids. And you would hope it works.

I don't want to make this interview about Micah, but Miach was in Cassandra's office on a daily basis. She worked out with Cassandra and DeDe on a daily basis, all the time. I remember saying to Micah, 'We spent all this time with you.' And she said, 'Well, that's what you're supposed to do.' I was like excuse me? And she was just like, 'Yeah, that's just the way it is now.' And I said, 'No, that's not the way it is. And you'll find that out when you go to the next place.'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.