ADVERTISEMENT

More Trove tidbits

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

From JP's second of a 3 part interview with John Fanta

JPP: What does he need to be successful in his first season back at The Hall?

JF: So what he needs to do is, first and foremost, he needs to stay true to himself, which I don’t think he’s going to have any issues doing.

In a way, this is like getting promoted to a different job. Sometimes when you have dinner with the boss, you clean yourself up a little bit more, you’re a little tighter than you would be just grabbing a cocktail with your colleagues. He's got to be true to himself and I have full confidence that he will be. But you don’t want to walk onto this stage and try to be somebody that you weren’t at Saint Peter’s. I don’t think that’s going to be the case.

Fans can get caught up in the buzz, the hype machine. I don’t think he gets rattled by that or else he wouldn’t have made it to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.

What does this team need to do? They've got to find a way to mesh. They've got to get enough guard play. Now, Kadary Richmond was a roller-coaster ride last season, but when he was at his best, like he was down the stretch at Xavier last season, like he was against UConn at home, he can be an elite guard. Because his handle, his ability to make things happen for others is as good as anybody in the Big East in terms of creativity. He's such a creative player.

This is a team that needs to see guys increase their efficiency level, increase their consistency level. Tyrese Samuel, can he package his best together? Tray Jackson, what does he do this season? Is he a guy that shows up once every three or four games? This is a team that needs transfers to provide scoring and physicality. Somebody asked me if KC Ndefo can play in the Big East? Yes, because KC Ndefo is not afraid. He's got to help in the physicality department.

I think Femi Odukale from Pitt ...........................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT