ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Powell summer league???

HallBoy32

Sophomore
Mar 24, 2016
Myles isn’t on a single NBA summer league roster with it starting this week.

Which do we think is more likely:

1) He sued the school, NBA teams saw that, and wanted no part

2) He was told he wouldn’t make a summer league roster, panicked, and sued the school

I feel like the two things are related….just not sure in what way. Any insight?

Myles isn’t on a single NBA summer league roster with it starting this week.

Which do we think is more likely:

1) He sued the school, NBA teams saw that, and wanted no part

2) He was told he wouldn’t make a summer league roster, panicked, and sued the school

I feel like the two things are related….just not sure in what way. Any insight?
Or perhaps he isn’t pursuing that opportunity while the lawsuit is in its infancy, given the allegations. Or because he has an injury-related issue whether tied to the suits allegations or otherwise.

I don’t think NBA teams would blackball him just because he sued us if a team really thought he could help or even potentially help. And I don’t think he would have been told outright in advance of the suit he wouldn’t make a summer league roster with absolute certainty. Timing seems off there.

Reactions: mbraue
Or perhaps he isn’t pursuing that opportunity while the lawsuit is in its infancy, given the allegations. Or because he has an injury-related issue whether tied to the suits allegations or otherwise.

I don’t think NBA teams would blackball him just because he sued us if a team really thought he could help or even potentially help. And I don’t think he would have been told outright in advance of the suit he wouldn’t make a summer league roster with absolute certainty. Timing seems off there.
No NBA team is going to want any part of him, ever.

Myles is 24 years old. He’s a dinosaur. He will MAYBE get a cup of coffee like Andre Barrett did way down the road if he dominates overseas and amends relationships.

I think @SPK145 pointed this out other day, but Powell does not claim in the lawsuit that it was a “career-ending injury,” FWIW.
Take a look here… https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com/threads/myles-powell-is-suing-seton-hall.52354/#post-822018

Post #6 refers to the article in the OP that calls it “career ending”. Might not be in the lawsuit but it was in the article.

SPK can shake his head all he wants but it doesn’t change anything. Take it up with the guy who wrote the article. I’m not that guy.

Take a look here… https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com/threads/myles-powell-is-suing-seton-hall.52354/#post-822018

Post #6 refers to the article in the OP that calls it “career ending”. Might not be in the lawsuit but it was in the article.

SPK can shake his head all he wants but it doesn’t change anything. Take it up with the guy who wrote the article. I’m not that guy.
Still shaking my head, no where in the article or lawsuit does anyone allege career ending. A poster here brought it up, which is/was silly.

The person who posted post # 6 had no clue what he was talking about. The article never mentioned career ending… it said the injury dashed his hopes of an NBA career

Reactions: chickenbox
The person who posted post # 6 had no clue what he was talking about. The article never mentioned career ending… it said the injury dashed his hopes of an NBA career
I concur… tough to sue over a career ending injury when you play an entire year after said career ending injury.

Article is pretty clear. He should have been shut down for the year, ruining his chance for an NBA career - ALLEGEDLY!

I concur… tough to sue over a career ending injury when you play an entire year after said career ending injury.

Article is pretty clear. He should have been shut down for the year, ruining his chance for an NBA career - ALLEGEDLY!
Torn meniscus is not a year shut down not even close - but if he kept playing on it it certainly could have exacerbated a lesser injury. Let’s hope Myles gets better if he indeed has a career threatening injury and we get to the bottom of this for transparency on all sides.

Reactions: Abbo71
Actually, if you look at the the original link to the NorthJersey.com story, you are both correct!

The header in the link makes mention of the career-ending injury. The article does not. BUT… the article was revised the next day, so someone must have made that edit, which was not reflected in the headline on the original link.

Reactions: papacheesy2
Legalese aside, he really if not destroyed then irreperably tarnished his Seton Hall legacy. Of course that and about a buck buys one a cup of coffee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT