ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Conf Semis

Nets played insane last night, ahead by 40some minus harden. Bucks are pretty good, but wondering if they can deal with how well the nets are playing. Nets offense looks like the nova offense played by supermen.

I know no lifelong Yankee fans has the right to say this, but I hate what the NBA has become with players creating super teams.
Phx and den are super teams? They mostly built through drafts and each made key trades to help current roster?

Dan you follow nba a long time...when has their not been super teams that won? What you dont like is players dictating in free agency.

Of course. So many players now become disgruntled and simply force their way off their current team breaking their contracts to go play for another team. It's been like that as far back as when Lew Alcindor forced his way from Milwaukee to LA and it's now getting worse and worse.

I don't want to watch just a handful of meaningful NBA playoff games between only a couple of teams who have real shot at winning it all. And Phoenix and Denver are not two of those teams.

Of course. So many players now become disgruntled and simply force their way off their current team breaking their contracts to go play for another team. It's been like that as far back as when Lew Alcindor forced his way from Milwaukee to LA and it's now getting worse and worse.

I don't want to watch just a handful of meaningful NBA playoff games between only a couple of teams who have real shot at winning it all. And Phoenix and Denver are not two of those teams.
Phx or den cant come out of west and challenge the east winner for the title?

They ain't beating the Nets and wouldn't be coming out of the west (if they even do) if the Lakers were healthy.

Their hope is that the stars, James, Davis, Harden, Durant, etc get hurt.

The NBA is now run by the players and the super stars are dictating player .moves more then the team ownership and front office are. With a strong union and a CBA that seems to favor the players it’s difficult to see anything changing other then the players gaining more power.

They ain't beating the Nets and wouldn't be coming out of the west (if they even do) if the Lakers were healthy.

Their hope is that the stars, James, Davis, Harden, Durant, etc get hurt.
Can the nets defend when it counts?

Legitimate question. But their offense, if everyone is healthy, has three of the best players in the world on the court at the same time. You better score 125+ points per game to just stay with them.

Dan, I tend to agree. It's one of the main reasons that I tend to watch the NHL playoffs over NBA this time of year. Every year it feels like of the 16 NBA teams that make the playoffs, only 2 or 3 really have any sort of shot at the title. I mean, you have to go back to 2011 to find the last time a team lower than a 2 seed won the title. And I believe there have only been 2 NBA Champions ever that were seeded lower than a 3.

NHL playoffs are vastly superior. i recommend watching them wven if youre not that into hockey. just way more intense for the entire game.

NHL playoffs were always superior but the gap is widening by a lot. does anybody care about first two rounds of nba playoffs? if the nets cruise to a championship then there was really no point of the entire season

There really is no point in the first round. If you eliminated the first round from every playoff field in NBA history and only 1-4 qualified from each conference instead of 1-8, only one future champion (the 95 Rockets) would have ended up missing out.

Edit: Of course there's a point to the first round - a cash grab for 8 additional teams. That 's all it is.

I know no lifelong Yankee fans has the right to say this, but I hate what the NBA has become with players creating super teams.
I get you. I am a Dodger fan who didnt want Bauer.

BUT, the way the big three play for the Nets, all three of them, is just spectacular. The ball movement is amazing, the shooting too.

I would love it if somehow Jokic or Booker led their teams to a championship. I do think whoever wins Bucks/Nets should win it all. Clippers are too volatile to get my vote. Not sure if the Jazz have the juice to keep it going but would also be a deserving winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT