ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Bracket

TomD82

All American
Nov 17, 2008
Villanova knocked down a bit because of the Gillespie injury? Georgetown gets a favorable seed and draw. The Hall 87 called their seed as a 12. UConn a 7 seed. We easily could have been a 7 seed. USC beat almost nobody and the PAC 12 tournament falls apart and they get a 6 seed. Favorable draw for RU in a 7 -10 to face Houston as a 2 seed if they can get there. I thought for sure RU would be in the 8-9 game and I thought the committee would put them with Baylor or Gonzaga.

Last edited:
Villanova knocked down a bit because of the Gillespie injury? Georgetown gets a favorable seed and draw. The Hall 87 called their seed as a 12. UConn a 7 seed. We easily could have been a 7 seed. USC beat almost nobody and the PAC 12 tournament falls apart and they get a 6 seed. Favorable draw for RU as a 7 to face Houston as a 2 seed if they can get there. I thought for sure RU would be in the 8-9 game and I thought the committee would put them with Baylor or Gonzaga.
Sdsu and texas tech should be 5s over nova and CU, shu would have been an 8 to a 10

Villanova knocked down a bit because of the Gillespie injury? Georgetown gets a favorable seed and draw. The Hall 87 called their seed as a 12. UConn a 7 seed. We easily could have been a 7 seed. USC beat almost nobody and the PAC 12 tournament falls apart and they get a 6 seed. Favorable draw for RU as a 7 to face Houston as a 2 seed if they can get there. I thought for sure RU would be in the 8-9 game and I thought the committee would put them with Baylor or Gonzaga.

RU is a 10 seed, not a 7 seed.

Some interesting seeding for sure. Big East nothing higher than 5 and Ga Tech wins ACC gets a 9 while Clemson gets a 7. Tough draw for Nova too with Winthrop. Michigan is a big fade for me First 1 seed to lose. just looking forward to the games after getting nothing last year.

Reactions: phelanma and TomD82
Ru from ap top 10 to seed 10
True . But the poster from their board was right. They beat Illinois Purdue Maryland MSU and Syracuse who made the NCAA. I didn't think MSU and SU would get in. Another B1G road win or 2 and they would been sitting really well.

Creighton got dinged because of the BE tourney no-show and Nova with the injuries obviously.

I think Uconn and Rutgers got good draws.

Syracuse gets in and gets SDSU. One Q1 win and not even in a play in game. Talk about beating nobody. They always get in.

I had the same sentiments. Look at their schedule. They start out with cupcakes. They played horrible ball early and mainly beat the lower tier teams in the conference. Beat UNC and Clemson. I may have missed a quality road win, but haven't found it yet. Buddy Boeheim is a real good player or shooter though. Still, Ole Miss and a couple of others have a gripe. They've been sneaking in and then they play loose, house money. They deserve a spanking.

Reactions: TomD82
Some interesting seeding for sure. Big East nothing higher than 5 and Ga Tech wins ACC gets a 9 while Clemson gets a 7. Tough draw for Nova too with Winthrop. Michigan is a big fade for me First 1 seed to lose. just looking forward to the games after getting nothing last year.

GT was 11-6 in league while Clemson was 10-6. GT finished strong but spent the season playing makeup to Clemson based on the OOC.

Georgia Tech has losses to Georgia State and Mercer on its resume, its best non-conference win was over Kentucky and they fattened up on the bottom of the ACC. Yes, they did win the tournament but with help from Virginia having to step aside. They do have two wins over FSU and wins over Va Tech, Clemson and UNC.

Clemson on the other hand beat Purdue, Maryland and Alabama during non-conference play. That's two top four seeds. Like GT they fattened up on the bottom of the ACC but did beat FSU, UNC and GT. Their biggest blemish is losing to Miami in the ACC Tournament.

It looks like the committee didn't look as favorably on the middle pack Big 10 teams as some thought. Wisconsin, RU, Maryland and Michigan State come in at 9, 10, 10 and 11 respectively. That's after the league got two No. 1s, two No. 2s and a No. 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT