ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Week 2

Shall see if NCAA basketball gets crushed as well. I notice the Big east teams had the BLM patches on last night, really shameful. I will do my best to ignore the divisive message that promotes..
you noticed that? i didnt even see it. surely something really shameful would be more conspicuous than needing to whip out a magnifying glass on a still frame.

Too woke and going broke NFL

Had 53.6 million viewers on thanksgiving day across 2 non prime choice cuts of the deck games

you noticed that? i didnt even see it. surely something really shameful would be more conspicuous than needing to whip out a magnifying glass on a still frame.

people would be going crazy if there was a primarily Catholic conference wearing pro life patch equal in size. While I think all of these patches serve no real purpose, for a social experiment, I wish they would wear pro life patches next year so we can see the equal or unequal support.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
The thanksgiving matchups were abysmal
Am I understanding correctly. You came here bragging how good the NFL did with about 54 million viewers. Then 85 shows woke NFL numbers declining and you blame it on the matchups. Last years games mediocre bears vs terrible lions, and good bills team vs a mediocre Cowboys team. Plus last night I heard on MNF the announcers talking about Wentz and his next contract and an impact of a lower salary cap. I would assume that would have something to do with ratings.

Am I understanding correctly. You came here bragging how good the NFL did with about 54 million viewers. Then 85 shows woke NFL numbers declining and you blame it on the matchups. Last years games mediocre bears vs terrible lions, and good bills team vs a mediocre Cowboys team. Plus last night I heard on MNF the announcers talking about Wentz and his next contract and an impact of a lower salary cap. I would assume that would have something to do with ratings.
I said in past weeks the thanksgiving dayside matches were bad...i am shocked that many watched collectively...dallas washington was most watched event of season and since super bowl liv

Not true not true, watch the domestic rights holders back up the brinks truck for the next deals...however tv money is only part of each teams revenue, covid has caused live gate and merch to come to a complete halt. That is part of everything financially and economically. The TV will be big, obscene figures, wait and see.

Pretty funny discussion. The country is in a pandemic and shut down forcing people to stay at home with their immediate family On thanksgiving. You would think many more people would be watching football games.

Pretty funny discussion. The country is in a pandemic and shut down forcing people to stay at home with their immediate family On thanksgiving. You would think many more people would be watching football games.
I mean one game was most watched of the season and most viewers since super bowl and its not good enough for this guy and they were abysmal matchups

I mean one game was most watched of the season and most viewers since super bowl and its not good enough for this guy and they were abysmal matchups
Ignore twelve consecutive weeks of much lower YOY ratings....but Twitter...lol

As a long suffering Bills fan I love what the Bills are building. Josh Allen is proving every draft expert wrong, kid is a winner.

Since someone brought up the BLM patches. BLM is one hell of an organization as far as fundraising goes. I wouldn't doubt they've raised well over half a billion dollars. Does anyone know what they're spending it on? I think the only time I heard of them spending money was on a protest. Is it being spent on projects or administrative?

Since someone brought up the BLM patches. BLM is one hell of an organization as far as fundraising goes. I wouldn't doubt they've raised well over half a billion dollars. Does anyone know what they're spending it on? I think the only time I heard of them spending money was on a protest. Is it being spent on projects or administrative?

Is it that hard to fundraise when you can call companies that don't donate racists or not progressive?

The NFL can drop 30% and still be the most watched event. They have a very high starting point. They earned it over the years. Just because it's the most watched CBS program in 45 weeks doesn't exactly mean the NFL ratings are going in the right direction.

Not for nothing, you're comparing week 12 MNF ratings year over year. You say the crappy matchups hurt Thanksgiving ratings this year. Last years week 12 MNF game was Ravens 45 Rams 6. The betters didn't even need to watch long. Wouldn't that impact last years rating? Or are you allowed to change philosophy by whenever it applies to how you want to think.

The NFL can drop 30% and still be the most watched event. They have a very high starting point. They earned it over the years. Just because it's the most watched CBS program in 45 weeks doesn't exactly mean the NFL ratings are going in the right direction.

Not for nothing, you're comparing week 12 MNF ratings year over year. You say the crappy matchups hurt Thanksgiving ratings this year. Last years week 12 MNF game was Ravens 45 Rams 6. The betters didn't even need to watch long. Wouldn't that impact last years rating? Or are you allowed to change philosophy by whenever it applies to how you want to think.
My point is the turkey matchups were bad.
As i said in prior weeks on this thread...viewership is increase in our post election cycle.

My point is the turkey matchups were bad.
As i said in prior weeks on this thread...viewership is increase in our post election cycle.
What else was their to watch on Thanksgiving when most people stayed home this year. If their ratings weren't good I would have been surprised. Our family had it on in the background the whole time and yes both games were not great but that is what we do.

Last week - Bad Thanksgiving Match-ups; this week, the election. Next week Santa Claus??

Last week - Bad Thanksgiving Match-ups; this week, the election. Next week Santa Claus??
The thanksgiving fox game was highest rated of season.

It was always my position that news/political election cycle climate takes away from sports watching...i expect cbs late game national to have a big viewership this week...carry on hall85

The thanksgiving fox game was highest rated of season.

It was always my position that news/political election cycle climate takes away from sports watching...i expect cbs late game national to have a big viewership this week...carry on hall85
Highest rated game of a season where ratings are down by double digits.....lol. Carry-on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT