ADVERTISEMENT

Nova loses to Kansas State

Pirata

All American
Dec 21, 2009
Nova loses by a 3 pointer reminiscent of the 2011 Kemba Walker step back buzzer beater against Pitt in the BET.

Pick and switch put the Nova big man on the Kansas State guard and the rest is history.

Not good for the Big East but I never mind watching Nova lose.

Pretty shocked not only at Villanova allowing the switch off on the 3, but also the last play call of just dribbling to the basket and that’s it.

The last 10 seconds of that game has more to do with coaching and getting your team to execute than talent.

This is clearly not your Jay Wright coached Nova team. Nova would be undefeated if Wright was coaching them.

They didn’t look like a Villanova style team for the part of the game I watched, . except for one three ball that should have sealed a victory. Way more iso ball than usual. They were missing Moore but the offense lacked the crisp passing we’ve grown accustomed to. They could easily lose 10-12 games this season.

Arthur Kaluma hurt them all night. Had 2 great euro step drives for buckets.

I watched the last five minutes of it. It was a close game but it seemed like nova had it in hand until the very end.

The switching 1 thru 5 finally caught up to NOVA at the end of OT. Big center gets stuck on 6’0 guard who nails the step back 3.

Justin Moore was hurt again too. Brutal. Altho no clue what extent.

Jay Wright is one of the best to have ever done it. A HOFer in so many ways. 2 National Championships, 4 Final Fours, I mean c’mon. A guy that spent 20 seasons there. They went from that to a novice. It shows. It’s beyond tough taking over programs at this level in this day and age when you’re inexperienced like that.

I don’t think Neptune is the answer and didn’t like the hire when it happened, but we’ll see if he can figure it out.

It's a long, long season. But whenever a legend retires it is hard to replace that guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT