ADVERTISEMENT

NY GIANT Disaster

NYC Pirate

All World
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2007
What an absolute joke of a performance. They had 6 months to prepare for the Cowboy schemes. Granted they have two would be Hall of Famers on their defense but really? The Giants have invested a lot of capital into their offensive line. The Cowboys don't do that to every team either. So, what's the reason for that type of effort?

Jones was rattled and very bad without question. Barkley no plays in the exhibition season although his muff was in the passing game. Special teams were awful too. Coaching was horrid and why risk DJ to injury down 40 in the pouring rain???? Atrocious!!

Reactions: batts
Who was worst offensively yesterday, the Giants who were dominated and shut out by the Cowboys or the Yanks who didn’t get a hit until the 11th inning and had just 3 hits in a 13 inning win against the Brewers. .

O line was the biggest problem. They’ve continued to hope that their journeyman guards can get the job done but they are terrible. And Evan Neal at RT looked the same as last year. And a rookie at center whose bad snap in the red zone started the whole debacle and then the team totally lost their confidence. They couldn’t block anyone on offense or on special teams and never adjusted. And Matt Peart is the backup OT and he was bad in preseason. Giants O line is gonna kill the season.

They also had zero pass rush except for Dex. Where is #5? Combine that with two rookie CBs and that spells trouble. Gotta hope they get it together and quickly or this season could turn ugly early.

It took me less than a year to see that Boone was going to be a disaster. With Cashman....I was not nearly so quick to note his issues. Thought he was an excellent GM. But his act has now gotten stale. He and Boone have to go.

About as bad of an implosion you’ll ever see in a football field. Wow. 3 turnovers, 7 sacks allowed, a blocked FG TD, a pick-6 TD. Brutal.

Dallas can do this at times. They beat Minnesota 40-3 on the road last year.

Evan Neal looking a lot like Ereck Flowers.

Uncompetitive. Embarrassing.

In addition the Giants are now set up to probably go 2-4 in the division. They should have enough data from playing the Cowboys to eliminate some of these defensive twists and stunts. Why not use 2 running backs with Waller, Campbell and especially Hyatt. They have the speed to at least give a play a reasonable chance.

Also, we are getting to a point where you can pencil in losses in any game played in prime time. Their effort levels and focus in these night games has been unbelievable to say the least. So, try something different in the run up to these games. I’d stick their tails in a Motel 6 instead of a luxury hotel the day before. Piss them off. They don’t play mean enough. Lastly, they certainly gave up some portion of their home field advantage/ energy in this bigger stadium. They play with more sense of urgency on the road in my opinion.

Giants O Line is terrible. But hard to kill the drafting since they have mostly SEC, B1G lineman which is usually the formula You follow. In that case, have to think the O LIne coach needs to be canned.

And let’s be honest, the Giants are going to pay dearly for the terrible deal they gave Jones. Even with decent protection, he is not a big time QB that will lead you to championships. Not sure where they go with that.

I’m adopting another NFL team this season; go Jaguars!

It’s the same old story. They are now 1-12 against the Cowboys over the past 6+ seasons, 2-11 against the Eagles. That’s 3-23 guys. Both teams are layered with pass rushers and physical defenses.

For the Giants, it’s the right side of the line in particular. Neal and Glowinski were so bad it’s alarming. They also were bad last year. The rookie center Schmidt wasn’t good, but he wasn’t terrible. He’ll get better. And I’d say maybe Josh Ezudu could push at guard, but did you see his blocking – or um, lack thereof – on the blocked FG? Woof.
The Cowboys used Parsons inside and he feasted. Smart.

The Giants were so shellshocked as a team on all levels. Everyone had the yips and the Cowboys are too good and kicked their ass because of it. Sunday’s game at Arizona is a must win because they have the 49ers up next the following Thursday.

Reactions: Section112
Joe Schoen has made some good moves but since the Gettleman era and including Shoen's two very young drafts, we have swung and missed drafting NFL level offensive guards and possibly one OT in Neal.

In Shoen's first draft he drafted Ezeudu and McKethan who have been bad and Evan Neal in the first round. This year they did not draft any guards or tackles. In 2020 (Getty's second to last draft) they drafted Lemieux who also has not panned out. Schoen was against the salary cap but really didn't make any big moves to shore up the G position. Got Bredeson as a FA but he had very little experience. Got Wyatt Davis another young guy that couldn't stay with other teams to develop. Got Glowinski last year and signed him for 3 years and he's been horrible - graded out the worst last night I believe. The current regime's move for the OLine is not much different from Gettleman's plan which was to develop young OGs and not overpay or draft them early.

It's too early to panic but our Guards and Evan Neal were horrible last night. Andrew Thomas with a hamstring injury played better than all the other lineman last night. You can invest in skill players but if your QB is running for his life it doesn't matter and we've seen this movie before unfortunately. Hoping they get it together.

Because of where he was drafted, the Giants under Reese refused to move Flowers to Guard even when it became obvious he was too slow to play either tackle position. Let's hope that doesn't happen again with Neal. Trade for a competent RT, move Neal to RG & bench Glowinski, who stinks.

If their is one fault in Schoen‘s plan to build a competitive roster its his inability to build draft capital especially in the premier rounds , second , third and fourth and its in those rounds where he hasn’t found the talent needed to avoid games like yesterday. From day I of his regime he still hasn’t put together a solid O-Line dispute using top picks with Neal as a classic example of a firstround bust,

About as bad of an implosion you’ll ever see in a football field. Wow. 3 turnovers, 7 sacks allowed, a blocked FG TD, a pick-6 TD. Brutal.

Dallas can do this at times. They beat Minnesota 40-3 on the road last year.

Evan Neal looking a lot like Ereck Flowers.

Uncompetitive. Embarrassing.
What’s truly sad is that not one part of the part of the players who the Giants put out on the field played well or allowed the Giants to be competitive against the Cowboys . When you add in the Giants misses in the draft, the absence of any productive free agent signings and the failure to build draft capital and create a large pool of. cap space you could describe yesterday’s result as a organizational failure.

The good news is that there's 16 games to go. The bad news could potentially be that there's 16 games to go. Let's see if they get their act together.

What Glowinski and Neal put on tape was scary. Look at the breakdown on pressures allowed by position, etc. If there was ever merit to benching a guy after 1 game, Glowinski earned that. Maybe he’s cooked. This is his 9th season and he was average at best last year.

They ran a 3-headed rotation at Camp all summer to see if Ezeudu (2022 R3, UNC) could outplay him. He did not. Maybe he will now, LOL.

378161642_7024981867514324_4529264114709071850_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Section112
What’s truly sad is that not one part of the part of the players who the Giants put out on the field played well or allowed the Giants to be competitive against the Cowboys . When you add in the Giants misses in the draft, the absence of any productive free agent signings and the failure to build draft capital and create a large pool of. cap space you could describe yesterday’s result as a organizational failure.
It may be too early to condemn this regime's off the field grade. I would agree that Neal is a big question mark. The Cowboy game disintegrated after the blocked FG attempt. Then Barkley with that mistake and it was over. Shame on them for not putting up some type of comeback. I believe they had a strong 2023 draft and it will bear fruit. TT although invisible in this game was coming on strong late last season. Getting a top TE in a trade was a good move. An extremely poor performance and the OL is obviously the number one issue(STILL). They need to get to 1-2 and go from there. They are a better road team anyway.

Reactions: Burnsly
That aged well
Well...they did save the "day"...not the season, but the day.

Depressing as a Jet fan to see that happen...especially since I was there!

I will say this...they showed more heart and fortitude in that game...totally opposite of what the Giants exhibited the night before.

Rodgers going down is not only bad for the Jets...it puts a damper on the whole NFL season...they had so many prime time games, there was so much anticipation (positive and negative) about seeing him play for the Jets...now all gone.

Very sad indeed...and clearly a cursed franchise if ever there was one...

Reactions: SOpirate
It's even harder to believe that they won against the Bills. If Josh only had a brain...

Gotta give credit to that terrific Jets D too.

Jets have been unfortunately cursed at QB. Then you look at Green Bay. It’s only his first start in the post-Rogers era but Jordan Love looked poised and ready on Sunday. Taken in draft….Rogers (24), Love (26) and Farve (33).

Love has a great backstory….father committed suicide when he was a teen…quit football for a years; didn’t start until halfway through junior year; only D1 that offered him was Utah State; grew nine inches in a couple of years and forgoes his senior year at Utah State.

Reactions: Piratz and shuvrp
Jets have been unfortunately cursed at QB. Then you look at Green Bay. It’s only his first start in the post-Rogers era but Jordan Love looked poised and ready on Sunday. Taken in draft….Rogers (24), Love (26) and Farve (33).

Love has a great backstory….father committed suicide when he was a teen…quit football for a years; didn’t start until halfway through junior year; only D1 that offered him was Utah State; grew nine inches in a couple of years and forgoes his senior year at Utah State.
There's something to be said for being allowed to learn a system and ease into playing time.

Favre, of course, wasn't drafted by Green Bay and spent a year sitting in Atlanta before the Packers acquired him. He wasn't necessarily supposed to start his first year in GB either but was forced into the lineup due to injury.

Rodgers got to sit behind Favre for three years before he became a starter and Jordan Love spent three as Rodgers' understudy.

Reactions: Piratz and HALL85
I was at Monday night's game. A very strange game emotion wise.

First after those thunderstorms ended the stadium was filled with electricity like I've never seen before to start the Rodgers Era. Then depression set in with Aaron being helped off the field.

The person in the seat next to mine said season's now over, see you at next years opening day & then he left. Then the totally unexpected comeback high lighted by Gibson's (who ?) 65 yard punt return & the electricity returns where people refused to leave their seats while continuously cheering for the next half hour plus.

Then however the next AM the reality set in that Zack is now our QB again. Well anyway the JETS are now in first place. Can they keep winning with Zach probably not, but stranger things have happened. Hell look at San Fran last year. Has any other QB struggled up to year 4 & then turned it around. How about Eli for example, Jim Plunkett or Dan jones. It's a hard life being a Jets fan but there is no way I would change my team now.

Tom K

I was at Monday night's game. A very strange game emotion wise.

First after those thunderstorms ended the stadium was filled with electricity like I've never seen before to start the Rodgers Era. Then depression set in with Aaron being helped off the field.

The person in the seat next to mine said season's now over, see you at next years opening day & then he left. Then the totally unexpected comeback high lighted by Gibson's (who ?) 65 yard punt return & the electricity returns where people refused to leave their seats while continuously cheering for the next half hour plus.

Then however the next AM the reality set in that Zack is now our QB again. Well anyway the JETS are now in first place. Can they keep winning with Zach probably not, but stranger things have happened. Hell look at San Fran last year. Has any other QB struggled up to year 4 & then turned it around. How about Eli for example, Jim Plunkett or Dan jones. It's a hard life being a Jets fan but there is no way I would change my team now.

Tom K
I don't know that Wilson needs to be much more than adequate.

The Jets defense looks to be good enough that they will be able to win a lot of games with the score like Monday night.

The Rodgers injury is one of the biggest gut punches I’ve ever felt as a sports fan. All those years of waiting on a savior QB and jets fans don’t even get to enjoy him for a single full drive. It’s really hard to fathom.

That being said, it was no guarantee that rodgers was going to be a success in New York. But to not even get the chance to see it play out still feels surreal.

Like many other jets fans I have a hope that this season can still amount to something but forget the Super Bowl, the path back to the playoffs will be extremely difficult. Just based off Wilson’s past struggles and how brutal of a schedule the jets have it’s hard to not see him getting exposed at some point. Just have to hope the defense and running game can carry the load.

O line was the biggest problem. They’ve continued to hope that their journeyman guards can get the job done but they are terrible. And Evan Neal at RT looked the same as last year. And a rookie at center whose bad snap in the red zone started the whole debacle and then the team totally lost their confidence. They couldn’t block anyone on offense or on special teams and never adjusted. And Matt Peart is the backup OT and he was bad in preseason. Giants O line is gonna kill the season.

They also had zero pass rush except for Dex. Where is #5? Combine that with two rookie CBs and that spells trouble. Gotta hope they get it together and quickly or this season could turn ugly early.
I write that game off. The line was awful. The weather was a factor. Daniel Jones had according to next gen stats 0.9 seconds on average in the pocket pet throw. That’s not enough time to go through your first read. Even the first drive was fools gold. Jones had 27 of 48 of the yards in that drive on scrambled. Fit them to continue that works mean Jones would need to scramble 30+ times for over 300 yards. We’re all know that wasn’t going to happen. Then should be on the phone now with Pugh’s agent and cut Glowinski today.

Giants O Line is terrible. But hard to kill the drafting since they have mostly SEC, B1G lineman which is usually the formula You follow. In that case, have to think the O LIne coach needs to be canned.

And let’s be honest, the Giants are going to pay dearly for the terrible deal they gave Jones. Even with decent protection, he is not a big time QB that will lead you to championships. Not sure where they go with that.

I’m adopting another NFL team this season; go Jaguars!
Bad take. Jones is not the problem. You put Mahomes behind that line and he’d be lucky to walk off the field under his own power. Most QB’s would be suffering from PTSD after that game. Jones has all the physical tools to be a top 5QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT