ADVERTISEMENT

NY Giants picks

The play of Jones at the QB position , and in fact how well the offense plays , will depend in no small measure on how well the offensive line performs in protecting Jones and in creating space to run the ball as well. While it is a very young offensive line the key to its overall improvement may depend on what they can get from two veterans in Fulton and Solder .

I'm hoping Fulton does not break into the starting lineup and instead provides a solid swing guy who can be plugged in when injuries occur. I'd really like to see Thomas, Lemieux, Gates, Hernandez and Solder be the starters. Or Peart as well with Solder moving to right guard. Hoping the young guys can develop opening up the possibility of having a strong, young line for years to come. If they bring in another free agent at Guard you will probably see Hernandez get cut but what do I know.

I'm hoping Fulton does not break into the starting lineup and instead provides a solid swing guy who can be plugged in when injuries occur. I'd really like to see Thomas, Lemieux, Gates, Hernandez and Solder be the starters. Or Peart as well with Solder moving to right guard. Hoping the young guys can develop opening up the possibility of having a strong, young line for years to come. If they bring in another free agent at Guard you will probably see Hernandez get cut but what do I know.
If Hernandez gets cut it’s another high draft choice , a second round pick , that didn’t work out and rebuilding teams can’t afford to miss on their premium picks. What’s frustrating with Hernandez is that he had a good first year but has not progressed as expected coming off that rookie season .

If Hernandez gets cut it’s another high draft choice , a second round pick , that didn’t work out and rebuilding teams can’t afford to miss on their premium picks. What’s frustrating with Hernandez is that he had a good first year but has not progressed as expected coming off that rookie season .
Agree. We will know if he is a miss this year hopefully not. I am always amazed at how different coaches will see different things and all of a sudden a struggling player will take off. Based on that article I posted we were rated #18 in running and worst in pass protection ouch. Get em both to #18 and we will be much better with the weapons we have now if Jones can improve.

Jones is good, I like him alot, I think he has great running game from the pocket aka speed, he can make his throws when given the timing as most Qb's need, and now has the weapons so yes this is his year, I believe in him and Coach Judge who I think is gonna be amazing, the team LOVES playing for him...

The play of Jones at the QB position , and in fact how well the offense plays , will depend in no small measure on how well the offensive line performs in protecting Jones and in creating space to run the ball as well. While it is a very young offensive line the key to its overall improvement may depend on what they can get from two veterans in Fulton and Solder .

Jones excelling is the key. Does he have the goods? We will find out next season. I think Thomas should be better next season. It felt like he was improving later on in the year. Peart is a big guy and I feel he will be a fulltime starter at some point. Hernandez is on the fence without question. Solder is getting older and I'd prefer to have him as insurance off the bench. Gates is not terrible and has an edge about him. Lemieux is the guy that has to elevate. They added a couple of undrafted free agents from big programs. So you never know. Sequon Barkley is a real weapon in the middle of the field. He's proven that even behind a poor line. It's better now. My question with him is still in short yardage? He's not consistently got in done on 3rd or 4th and one. The Giants have been brutal in short yardage for most of the last decade and its cost them big time. Do the Giants have a good short yardage runner on their roster? It's not all about the line play, but that's most of the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT