ADVERTISEMENT

NYC to require proof of vaccination for Indoor Dining/Gyms

Good. Don’t like it stay home

Hahaha. No, it works the other way. If you're afraid of a virus that 99% of people survive, YOU stay home.

Another reason why lockdowns were so awful. They locked up healthy people to placate hysterical people who were afraid. If you're afraid, do what you need to do to protect yourself. Let the rest of us live normally.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Hahaha. No, it works the other way. If you're afraid of a virus that 99% of people survive, YOU stay home.

Another reason why lockdowns were so awful. They locked up healthy people to placate hysterical people who were afraid. If you're afraid, do what you need to do to protect yourself. Let the rest of us live normally.

Wat somewhere that doesnt require you be be vaccinated. Pretty simple.

Check out the quotes in this article. Frightening.

"It is time for people to see vaccinations as literally necessary to living a good, full and healthy life," he said. "If you're unvaccinated, unfortunately, you will not be able to participate in many things."

“If you want to participate in our society fully, you’ve got to get vaccinated. It’s time.”

Who does this MFer think he is? One person making health decisions for millions and deciding who can and cannot participate in HIS society. This is straight out of the novel 1984. A politician has no right to tell me what is a "good, full and healthy life."

Reactions: Merge and Hallsome

"It is time for people to see vaccinations as literally necessary to living a good, full and healthy life," he said. "If you're unvaccinated, unfortunately, you will not be able to participate in many things."

“If you want to participate in our society fully, you’ve got to get vaccinated. It’s time.”

Who does this MFer think he is? One person making health decisions for millions and deciding who can and cannot participate in HIS society. This is straight out of the novel 1984. A politician has no right to tell me what is a "good, full and healthy life."

I believe this is an overstep of government, and I am pro vaccine, think people should be vaccinated.

If individual businesses wanted to only allow vaccinated individuals, I can see it and would probably support it.

But I really do not like government telling individuals what to do in this case and will that really stop the spread of virus?

Also, how do you enforce this, how do places check you are vaccinated (pretty easy to fake), can think of many other questions/issues.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09
Just when businesses were reopening and starting to get back on their feet....

It's also a racist policy given most of the people who haven't taken the wonder drug are black and latino. The optics of a rich, white politician telling them to do so or they "can't participate" is very discriminatory.

Reactions: HALL85

This is where I start to agree with you. The vaccine did what it needed to do for NY.

Hospitalizations are low and entirely manageable. Very few deaths in the entire state.
No need for any mitigating steps in NY at all at this point. They are trying for zero cases and that is just unrealistic.

This is where I start to agree with you. The vaccine did what it needed to do for NY.

Hospitalizations are low and entirely manageable. Very few deaths in the entire state.
No need for any mitigating steps in NY at all at this point. They are trying for zero cases and that is just unrealistic.

I shared a Ben Shapiro post a couple weeks ago that said our government officials are still trying to get to "0 COVID". You said that wasn't true at the time. It looks like Shapiro was right?

@Merge Also the governor you voted for (Governor Murphy) is now saying the state is looking at vaccination passports. You're still happy with this guy?

The only thing that might save us is this is an election year. Murphy is walking a fine line in satisfying his upper middle class white base by teasing restrictions, while also not alienating everyone else.

Newsom is in a lot of trouble in deep blue California, primarily driven by dissatisfaction among the working class of all races, the recall will be close.

However the republicans in NJ are so spineless, they wouldn't take advantage if he overreached. So we will see.

So you need papers to buy a danish or go to planet fitness but not to vote?

another example where a party contradict itself pretty ironically

And the party of "choice" when it comes to abortion wants to force you to take an experimental vaccine against your will. Also the party of supposed "tolerance" for people who are different. LOL.

However the republicans in NJ are so spineless, they wouldn't take advantage if he overreached. So we will see.

Good point. Jack Ciattarelli is running for governor. I haven't heard a peep about him in the news since he won the primary except for choosing his running mate in the last few days. What is he doing? Is he campaigning? Pretty stunning for a guy who polls show struggles with name recognition above all else.

And the party of "choice" when it comes to abortion wants to force you to take an experimental vaccine against your will.

I don't think you will change your opinion there if they were fully approved though.
Your objection isn't that they are "experimental" right?

I'm pro vaccine, though I can't make that decision for others. I just hope everyone makes an informed decision based on their personal circumstances.

Personally also against abortion, though I can't make that decision for others. I just hope everyone makes an informed decision based on their personal circumstances.

Jack is running a "gentlemen's" campaign, trying to portray himself as the reasonable alternative and appeal to the Christie Todd Whitman voters of Morris and Somerset counties. I dont think he will take it to Murphy on nursing home deaths, school closures, and more lockdown/restrictions. Issues that will give him an actual chance, instead he will lose by 12 points.

Jack Ciattarelli is running for governor. I haven't heard a peep about him in the news since he won the primary except for choosing his running mate in the last few days. What is he doing? Is he campaigning? Pretty stunning for a guy who polls show struggles with name recognition above all else.

Probably hoping Murphy will overreact in his Covid response.

I shared a Ben Shapiro post a couple weeks ago that said our government officials are still trying to get to "0 COVID". You said that wasn't true at the time. It looks like Shapiro was right?
This is true you did say this

your schtick doesn’t get old IMO

I don't think you will change your opinion there if they were fully approved though.
Your objection isn't that they are "experimental" right?

I'm pro vaccine, though I can't make that decision for others. I just hope everyone makes an informed decision based on their personal circumstances.

Personally also against abortion, though I can't make that decision for others. I just hope everyone makes an informed decision based on their personal circumstances.

No, it would take a lot for me to change my opinion at this point. Full approval will be tainted with politics though. Biden and the media are already pushing for it. FDA commissioner had to come out with a statement.

I share your opinion on abortion.

This is true you did say this

your schtick doesn’t get old IMO

Thanks. The auditor doesn't like it when he's wrong and he usually just ignores the posts when I show I am correct. Auditor also said covid would be a non story in the US this summer.

Thanks. The auditor doesn't like it when he's wrong and he usually just ignores the posts when I show I am correct. Auditor also said covid would be a non story in the US this summer.

Nah, I just ignore the ones where you try to misrepresent what I said.

I agreed with that post from Shapiro, and no... politicians are not trying to get to 0 other than maybe DeBlasio and like I said, I think what he is doing is wrong.

No problem admitting when I’m wrong. I assumed more people who are at risk from dying of Covid would have been vaccinated as much as they have been in NJ, but in some states.... that was not the case. I was wrong.

To his defense….I don’t know about wrong or right…many tough, debatable issues. And he’s admitted being off, or has conceded an issue, in his wishy washy way which I respect. Also, generally i do think his posts are entertaining including the HS girl-theme movie gifs

you’re right to an extent, though, Big Schtick -

Auditor does sometimes ignore posts when people are arguably correct or they just make a point he doesn’t like.

Many people are guilty of that though….me definitely included although I'm
never wrong

we should all try to laugh a little and remember we’re on a Seton Hall message board….all have a lot in common in that among the things we care about a lot ….The Hall is one if not at the top of a list

Good point. Jack Ciattarelli is running for governor. I haven't heard a peep about him in the news since he won the primary except for choosing his running mate in the last few days. What is he doing? Is he campaigning? Pretty stunning for a guy who polls show struggles with name recognition above all else.
Yes telling everyone how murphy shutdown ruined small business

Delta plus is here. We can't do anything to stop the mutation of this contagion

So you need papers to buy a danish or go to planet fitness but not to vote?

another example where a party contradict itself pretty ironically
Ridiculous analogy. Voting is a Constitutional right. Nothing you mention or other people have mentioned that use this ridiculous analogy applies.

Also, generally i do think his posts are entertaining including the HS girl-theme movie gifs

tenor.gif

Ridiculous analogy. Voting is a Constitutional right. Nothing you mention or other people have mentioned that use this ridiculous analogy applies.
You sure about that...

The right to bear arms is a constitutional right and in NJ I need provide an ID, complete an application, submit to a background test, fingerprint, wait 6 months, have to use the permit within 90 days and have restrictions on what to type I can buy. Not to mention, there is no practical legal situation where it can be used to protect my home and family, given that in NJ I have a "duty to retreat".

Also isn't there is a constitutional right to engage in interstate commerce (this is in fact the main reason our current constitution was created), as a NJ resident don't I have a right to go to NYC and freely engage in lawful commerce.

But I know how where this is going to go "sure you have a right to travel and engage in commerce" but you just cant use any public considerations to do so. You can travel to Florida but cant fly, use the public rest stops/roadways, public buses, but if you can find private way to do so go ahead.

Also this starts with vaccine passports but given the past 18 months where does it end? Once you give Government this power it WILL be used for other political considerations. These are very scary times.

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09

As an aside, Jack is a double Seton Hall/Stillman alum (BS in Accounting,MBA).

You sure about that...

The right to bear arms is a constitutional right and in NJ I need provide an ID, complete an application, submit to a background test, fingerprint, wait 6 months, have to use the permit within 90 days and have restrictions on what to type I can buy. Not to mention, there is no practical legal situation where it can be used to protect my home and family, given that in NJ I have a "duty to retreat".

Also isn't there is a constitutional right to engage in interstate commerce (this is in fact the main reason our current constitution was created), as a NJ resident don't I have a right to go to NYC and freely engage in lawful commerce.

But I know how where this is going to go "sure you have a right to travel and engage in commerce" but you just cant use any public considerations to do so. You can travel to Florida but cant fly, use the public rest stops/roadways, public buses, but if you can find private way to do so go ahead.

Also this starts with vaccine passports but given the past 18 months where does it end? Once you give Government this power it WILL be used for other political considerations. These are very scary times.
It is the right to bear arms. What you are pointing out is the regulations to purchase a firearm. I can also inherit a firearm without that or I can buy it out of state. Once I have the firearm, I have the unrestricted right to possess it. Plus, you are ignoring the inherit dangerousness of firearms.

And in NJ, you absolutely have a right to protect yourself in your house from an intruder. N.J.S.A. 2C:3-6 In order to use deadly force in NJ in your home, 1)the home owner must reasonably believe that he is threatened with deadly force, or 2) any other force besides deadly force would expose the homeowner to bodily harm which exists in almost every situation. The only possible situation a homeowner may be criminally liable is where the burglar is running out of the house and he is shot in the back.

You already answered the interstate commerce question. You can also walk, bike or take a boat to NYC. All free.

This really puts the onus on the business owner once again. What happens if a party of six shows up at a restaurant and one in the party "forgot" their passport at home? Putting the hostess in an awful spot and my guess is that most businesses will not even enforce it. I know I wouldn't.

Impractical overreach that is devoid of common sense. Vaccine passports to dine, but it's not required for large outdoor concerts like NYC Homecoming or Musikfest (starting tomorrow in PA) that draws over a million people.

Unless mandated by law, we will not be putting any vaccine requirements in place for our employees.

his really puts the onus on the business owner once again. What happens if a party of six shows up at a restaurant and one in the party "forgot" their passport at home? Putting the hostess in an awful spot and my guess is that most businesses will not even enforce it. I know I wouldn't.

Probably something similar to when someone shows up somewhere where they need to be 21 to get in and "forgets" their ID.

Agree that the idea is over the top though.

Probably something similar to when someone shows up somewhere where they need to be 21 to get in and "forgets" their ID.

Agree that the idea is over the top though.
We are talking about proofing at a bar versus access to many more facilities. Plus providing proof to drink it is something that has been instilled in our culture for decades.

We are talking about proofing at a bar versus access to many more facilities. Plus providing proof to drink it is something that has been instilled in our culture for decades.
I don’t agree with it, but not because it’s burdensome. It would be fairly straightforward and easy to manage.

I don’t agree with it, but not because it’s burdensome. It would be fairly straightforward and easy to manage.
You are putting staff in a tough position, that’s all.

At a small restaurant with a hostess, might be somewhat straight forward, but wouldn’t call it easy to manage.

How is it going to work at high volume fast food restaurant with multiple entrances and kiosk ordering?

How do HIPPA laws impact enter this equation

They don’t. HIPAA laws provide protection regarding your personal information and regulate how that information can be shared. No law against a business (or school) asking for your information.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT