ADVERTISEMENT

Odell Beckham vs Matt Harvey

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
Brash, out there on page 6 night life, oozing talent, make up and potential...injuries, attitude and lack of humbleness leads to demise

One is still really good at his sport & one is really really bad.
I doubt we see odell rest of way after today, i hope he can be back but mri in morning. 2 significant leg injuries takes 2 seasons from him and can he remain healthy and high level going forward.

I was a big Harvey guy. From when he got called up for MLB debut to the injury to elbow regardless of the win loss because mets offense was abysmal then his numbers were stellar

Both fleating athletes

Odell Beckham out for season with torn ACL in Browns crusher
By Justin Tasch

Odell Beckham’s knee injury is as bad as the Cleveland Browns feared.

The Browns confirmed that Beckham has a torn ACL and his 2020 NFL season is over.

Beckham, 27, injured his left knee on the Browns’ second offensive play during Sunday’s win over the Bengals when he tried to make a tackle after a Baker Mayfield interception. Beckham went down clutching his knee and limped to the locker room.

In his first six games this season, Beckham had 23 catches for 319 yards and three touchdowns and also had a rushing touchdown. Last season, Beckham’s first in Cleveland, he had 74 catches for 1,035 yards and four touchdowns. Beckham is in the second year of a five-year, $90 million contract he initially signed with the Giants.

The Browns are 5-2 after Sunday’s win.

Basically, Giants traded OBJ for Zeitler & Baker. Not a great trade for either side except for the $ owed OBJ & the cap hit.

Don't see much of a comparison. Harvey missed meetings but, I thought, acted professionally on the field. Remember the time Beckham thought it was a good idea after catching a TD pass to act as if he was dog lifting his leg. What an idiot.

Reactions: TomD82
The only correlation I see between the two is they were both super-talented players that were never the same after injury:

**Harvey was never the same after being pushed in the 2015 postseason while he was recovering from the TJS that he had in 2014.

**Beckham was never the same after he fractured his ankle against the Chargers in 2017.

Don't see much of a comparison. Harvey missed meetings but, I thought, acted professionally on the field. Remember the time Beckham thought it was a good idea after catching a TD pass to act as if he was dog lifting his leg. What an idiot.
OBJ is one of those guys that can’t help themselves to do an absolute bonehead move after a positive play. Shockey was guilty of that too.

Reactions: Piratz and TomD82
The only correlation I see between the two is they were both super-talented players that were never the same after injury:

**Harvey was never the same after being pushed in the 2015 postseason while he was recovering from the TJS that he had in 2014.

**Beckham was never the same after he fractured his ankle against the Chargers in 2017.

Remember, Harvey had that second major surgery to remove a rib in 2016. I'm not sure whether that was related to him being pushed the year before or if it was coincidental. Regardless he was never close to the same after that.

Remember, Harvey had that second major surgery to remove a rib in 2016. I'm not sure whether that was related to him being pushed the year before or if it was coincidental. Regardless he was never close to the same after that.
Tjs is no small feat to come back but data and post surgery success has been proven, whereas TOS for a starting pitcher is a career downfall ender...on OBJ, his athleticism and explosiveness will be a shell of what it was.

i remember when he lost a fight to the kicking net

Who had the better NY career? I'd go with Harvey.

Harvey at least got to start an All-Star game on his home field and pitch in a World Series. The Giants made the playoffs once in Beckham's five seasons and went 31-49. Advantage Harvey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT