ADVERTISEMENT

Of our transfers

IronKaz1

All World
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2004
Yes, I believe Rchmond will be the main catalyst, but I do think that number production wise Yetna will provide the most in terms of scoring/rebs... I watched him play at USF many times, came away extremely impressed and believe he is very underated and will flourish for us........ thoughts?

Willard typically likes to go small so I’ll go..

1. Richmond
2. Harris
3. Yetna

I don’t think Willard even knows the depth chart yet, but I would bet Samuel gets the first crack at the starting lineup. Also, let’s temper expectations w/ transfers after the Molson + Aiken debacle.

Gordon, McKnight , Gill on one side of the coin and TT and Molson on the other. Transfers are no different then recruiting HS players, some work out and perform well and others perform poorly and the same holds true with the players recruited out of HS.

Willard typically likes to go small so I’ll go..

1. Richmond
2. Harris
3. Yetna

I don’t think Willard even knows the depth chart yet, but I would bet Samuel gets the first crack at the starting lineup. Also, let’s temper expectations w/ transfers after the Molson + Aiken debacle.
Debacle meaning injuries and Covid?

i would not put molson anywhere near the word TT or debacle. he wasnt THAT bad. he just couldnt hit the 3.

No. I’m talking how about they were hyped up and we didn’t get anything from either of them.
What do you expect any coach to do, say yeah we got X player and we are not sure if they are any good. You want to build kids confidence and always promote the program. You always hype up your own players and say you are excited for them to enter the program . Due to Covid they couldn't work with these kids over the summer at all which certainly affected a lot. Good news is we reloaded and things are looking up.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider Molson a "debacle" by any means; other than he chose to leave. Expectations for him were much, much too high. Agree that injuries negated Aiken, but considering his pre season hype (here and as a Big East 3rd team pick), he was a much bigger... disappointment... than Molson.
Haven't seen Yetna, but of the three mentioned, he is the one I'd be most concerned about contributing. Just thinking of Ike who was a contributor to a FSU Elite 8 team, then with us struggled mightily his first year.

from past experience I tend to most always temper my expectations a bit as a fan with transfers even though I love the group we got. Especially kids jumping up a level. With Richmond though I’d be floored if he isn’t a really productive player off the bat and I only say that from watching him a good amount last year against good comp and from his pedigree.

Reactions: mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT