ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball, Judge and Ohtani

Seton75

Beyond All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
As i got older, the only sport that didn't lose my interest to some extent was college hoops as played by the Seton Hall Pirates.

But i watch baseball all season. What a game. And today, we can watch Judge and Ohtani (tho to be honest haven't watched a yankee game in years. But Judge, just incredible).

"All time great" gets thrown around a lot. But these two guys playing in NYC and LA at the same time. Give me a break. Last night Ohtani gets an infield hit and steals his 40th. No throw. Then a walk off grand slam to win the game in the bottom of the ninth. Judge hits his 49th.

Lots of Dodger and Yankee greats. But these two guys, man o man. Another Dodger/Yankee WS? (Oh the pain lol) or another LA first round exit? I don't know. But we don't get to see guys like this too often.

Judge has been incredible. I originally thought he was just another overrated yankee when he first came up. He turned himself into a complete player. I remember years ago against the Astros in the playoffs where threw the ball to second base and Altuve was rounding 3rd to score the winning run. He's become a very good defensive outfielder. He's not a .235 hitter mashing, he's a .300 hitter mashing.

Baseball playoffs are so unpredictable. The best teams don't get to the world series, the hottest teams in October go. Cleveland, Philadelphia, Houston, Atlanta are all capable of getting hot and eliminating anyone who gets in their way. The only team I would want to play in the playoffs is the Orioles (I'm an orioles fan) because they're pitching is so depleted having lost so many starters for the year.

Mr. Ohtani certainly made a grand entrance into the 40-40 club on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Both sides of the ball. Judge turned this into a double play.

Screen-Shot-2024-08-26-at-8.01.22-PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: silkcitypirate
Yes, awesome play. He made himself into a very good fielder. I saw the Yanks were winning 4-0, checked my phone for the box score and was shocked he hadnt hit another.

In the game when Ohtani made 40/40, he had in infield hit and stole second, went to third on an out. A Maury Wills run if someone had knocked him in. And he pitches?

And while not sure about Ohtani cause of the language issue, Judge is just an awesome person as he presents himself.

He's going to be an interesting study to see how he performs over the life of his long contract. I'll say Shohei is the most valuable because he pitches too, but Judge is the most complete outfielder we've seen since Ken Griffey Jr was healthy and Barry Bonds wasn't doing steroids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT