ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Providence at Villanova

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
Looks like Justin Moore returning. Big addition for Villanova obviously, but that team has been bad defensively and looks fragmented, so we’ll see how it impacts them.

It seems like Year in and year out we play nova hone and away late in the season.
By the time we go there we will have played i believe 5 teams twice.
I know it’s a rivalry thing but it would have been nice to have faced the nova without Moore as they try to revive their season.

Last edited:
It’s a different team with Moore back.

Getting arch off the court for extended minutes will change the offense dynamics as well. Moore is great at the classis Nova guard move of getting down low and positing up

Reactions: Piratz and LBP43
PC holds on 70-65. Will be interesting when we play them with Moore is right.

Definitely a better, more dangerous team, but the outcome is the same for now. The hole they have dug for themselves is probably too great to get out of this late in the season - barring an epic run in the BET - but they are getting Moore back in plenty of time to dig a hole for us right beside them.

It hardly needs to be said, as I am sure everyone is aware, but those two games against Nova loom huge and will probably determine our fate.

As a side note, I am wondering when the last time Nova could have possibly been below .500 this late in the season.

Reactions: mbraue
Definitely a better, more dangerous team, but the outcome is the same for now. The hole they have dug for themselves is probably too great to get out of this late in the season - barring an epic run in the BET - but they are getting Moore back in plenty of time to dig a hole for us right beside them.

It hardly needs to be said, as I am sure everyone is aware, but those two games against Nova loom huge and will probably determine our fate.

As a side note, I am wondering when the last time Nova could have possibly been below .500 this late in the season.

2011-2012 season they hit 10-11 (3-6) overall on January 25th. They finished the season 13-19.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
2011-2012 season they hit 10-11 (3-6) overall on January 25th. They finished the season 13-19.
Next 2 games are on the road against Marquette and Creighton, then DePaul at home. Good chance they are 5-8 in conference and 11-13 overall by the time we play them.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
It seems like Year in and year out we play nova hone and away late in the season.
By the time we go there we will have played i believe 5 teams twice.
I know it’s a rivalry thing but it would have been nice to have faced the nova without Moore as they try to revive their season.
I guess I imagined that January 1 game last season or the two January games two years ago?

We just need to beat them. Hopefully twice.

They are 4-6(10-11) I would never count them out But:
Games left
Road( @Marquette, @Creighton, @Providence, @Xaver, @Seton Hall)
Home(DePaul, Seton Hall, Butler, Creighton, UConn)

Reactions: chickenbox
They are without a real PG, they’re not playing good defense, and they’re not nearly as well coached, so they’re not as sharp on the little things or cohesive IMO.

We are good enough to sweep them.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT