ADVERTISEMENT

PG Jordan Walker Announcing 3PM Monday, 5/1

I would love to have the privilege of watching Jordan play for us . I think his speed and quickness will be a great weapon, and I love how he creates space to get off his jumper.

Walker was the starting PG for Patrick, the No. 1 team in NJ and the winner of the TOC. He scored a team-high 17 points in the championship game to go with five assists, tied for the game high.

Patrick finished ranked No. 12 in the nation by USA Today.

In 33 games, Walker averaged 11.9 PPG & 4.8 APG.

All this was good enough for a third team all-state selection by nj.com.

You always want to get players from the top programs and hope that leads eventually to more players committing from those programs. We broke thru with Sandro from Montverde and hopefully if Jordan commits to us tomorrow we're getting a player from the top program in Jersey and that never hurts .

BTW, I forgot that Patrick School had co-coaches this past season. One of them was Mike Rice. So the team received great instruction.

Really, the results speak for themselves.

Check the video:

I would love to have the privilege of watching Jordan play for us . I think his speed and quickness will be a great weapon, and I love how he creates space to get off his jumper.

We both spoke glowingly of him after that IMG/Pat's game. We are in total agreement on this kid.

Reactions: Seton75
Will be surprised if he is not a Pirate in 21 hours. Everything is pointing in this direction. Guess we will all know for sure tomorrow. Would be a nice get for hall.

glad the Duval wait didn't bite us in the ass. good to see another Jordan at PG for SHU.

Very nice job by Willard and co. this class. A consensus top 80 player, a fringe top 100 and a fringe top 150 will go a long way in solving this program's depth issues.

I wonder if Walker's consideration of going the prep route hinged upon whether or not Duval was coming to SHU.

I wonder if Walker's consideration of going the prep route hinged upon whether or not Duval was coming to SHU.
Maybe, but wouldn't think so. With Shedo gone, we still have a scholarship open for next year for Duval (longshot) or a grad transfer PG. Either would only be there 1 year. Walker would run the show for the 3 years after.

Let's say walker commits: are we done with pgs for next season? Who starts?
Based on prior comments from dan "walker would absolutely not start" I would assume we would still be actively pursuing a grad transfer. However if we can't lock up a more experienced pg (Thorpe) I think walker would start by default.

Yes, that was the plan unless Duval committed.

I know a lot of us don't like seeing Deeno at the 2 but Sha and KW have the whole spring summer and fall to get him ready.

Gotta change his mind-set first and foremost and then work from there.

Maybe as the season progress Walker will get more comfortable and earn more then 5-10 MPG. We'll see.

I mentioned this somewhere else, but Eron Gordon should also work on being prepped for PG next year too.

I think the staff realizes we need to improve ball handling skill at every guard position. Outside of that, PG is a very unique position. You need an incredible field of vision to see what is happening on the floor and you need to move the players around to the optimum positions to get them the best opportunity to score. That has been one of our weakest areas in the past and I think that we need to push hard to make it our strongest. Jordan may not bring that to us in 2017, but he is the future and I believe that Deeno is not a PG but is probably one of the strongest 2G's in the league, we can't mess that up, so we will need another player in the mix to be complete for this coming year.
I also think that getting our guards into a Nova mindset that at any point in time they could be running the show will definitely be a major task of the staff for this year. That doesn't make them all 1's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT