ADVERTISEMENT

Player interviews after the Indiana game

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Paraphrasing as always

Delgado

My questions

On the student chants of Double Double:

Getting the win is more important. But yeah I feel really good when I hear the fans and students yelling double double. I'm emotional and I get exited on the court when the fans get loud.

On not getting the ball in the first half and then getting it in the second half:

It depends on how I'm being guarded. It's not like the guys are being selfish or anything like that. In the second half we concentrated more on getting the ball inside. I just had to concentrate and be ready to do what I had to do.

Unfortunately at this time another reporter interrupted me and I never got a chance to follow up with my questions. Most media member wait until the questioner is finished but this guy was so anxious to ask his question he just butted in.

General questions from the media from here on out

On the importance of beating a name team like Indiana:

This was one of our best wins. I always used to watch Indiana on the TV. This is a big team so I'm really going to enjoy the win.

On playing his final season:

I'm older now and I have a lot more responsibility for our team. My goal is simple, It's our senior year and I'm going to do everything to make it a great one.

On facing double teams:

When you face double teams all the time you have to become a great passer. I'm working on that all the time. It's what coach tells me. He says if you are a great passer teams won't be able to double team me. All I care about is getting the team the best shot we can get.

On playing before the 13 NBA scouts in the building:

I'm too focused on the game to think about that. I pay that absolutely no mind during the game. I'm happy they're there. It means our hard work is rewarded but at the same time we just have to get the win and not be distracted because you are being watched.

Next up Desi

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News