ADVERTISEMENT

Posh Alexander

Only thing the Big East needs is a super strong SHU.

My dream scenario is SHU is Gonzaga, Nova is SMC, GTown is Pepperdine and everyone else is conference fodder. I don’t need a strong UConn, STJ and GTown to feel good about SHU.
Haha I don’t dislike this take, got a good laugh out of the last sentence .... but come tourney time I’ll always root hard for BE teams (subject to our situation of course). Entitled GTown and UConn fans are tough.....GTown has been basically irrelevant since Iverson, which is crazy when you think about it.

Reactions: thehall07
Sure I am, because anyone who doesn't think that our program can "dominate" the NYC media market must be one. Get real. I'm an "All World" poster and pay a membership fee on the Trove as an undercover fan of another program -- please. And I must be a Uconn and Gtown fan since I"m talking about them in the same vein. Or a Providence fan, as I've been called before because I like Ed Cooley. You can disagree with my opinion, but everyone here posts opinions, which is the interesting aspect of most fan message boards. Let's drive away real fans of the program because we have so many -- it isn't like we have post-after-post begging people to show up to games, providing traffic and weather patterns, commuting options and the like. I forgot that we are no different than the Yankees and Knicks when it comes to the NYC sports market.
All world poster, impressive. I won a dodgeball tournament in second grade.

Reactions: sami
One guy horrible for the league? Awfully dramatic. Now if Jays top level recruiting class no shows, that’s horrible. If Danny’s talent leaves, that’s horrible. One helter skelter, good PG leaving....not horrible. Frankly Alexander leaving wasn’t even “horrible” and he was a consistently very good, established player, that excelled at every facet of the game (on a great team). Love your Posh fetish.
I’m not the one with the fetish. Like Rutgers, traffic patterns, Hurley, and other topics this one has been fetishized in the form of real estate in certain fan’s brains. But, I get it. Grass isn’t green, water isn’t wet, etc.

Haha I don’t dislike this take, got a good laugh out of the last sentence .... but come tourney time I’ll always root hard for BE teams (subject to our situation of course). Entitled GTown and UConn fans are tough.....GTown has been basically irrelevant since Iverson, which is crazy when you think about it.
Georgetown has been irrelevant since Iverson?

Or the numerous NCAA tournaments since, which is the bar we use. I think he started following us during IW’s run to the BE title so anything before then is irrelevant.

Georgetown has been irrelevant since Iverson?
Nah hallsome is enjoying spirits this weekend...esherick was a mess but JTIII got them to a FF Jeff Green Hibbert Team they beat UNC at Izod...JTIII had good teams but bad ncaa losses...Gtown been as relevant as shu last 20 years

Not only as relevant, more relevant if you look at a 20 year period. But if you started watching when IW helped cut down the nets at MSG in 2016, sure we’ve been much better.

Haha I don’t dislike this take, got a good laugh out of the last sentence .... but come tourney time I’ll always root hard for BE teams (subject to our situation of course). Entitled GTown and UConn fans are tough.....GTown has been basically irrelevant since Iverson, which is crazy when you think about it
X/Cincy is a great college basketball rivalry.
But same level as Yankees Sox?!

Not the same nationally. Locally in that region I think it approaches that level. It’s one of the best and real rivalries in college basketball. They hate each other.
Ok in Ohio maybe but I bet Ohio st and Michigan is bigger.

Ok in Ohio maybe but I bet Ohio st and Michigan is bigger.
It's an excellent college basketball rivalry too, no doubt, although I think it gets diminished a bit because the football rivalry between those two is so intense.

Not the same nationally. Locally in that region I think it approaches that level. It’s one of the best and real rivalries in college basketball. They hate each other.

X and Cincy is pretty intense. They've had a few real dustups.

Seton Hall-SJU could be more like that if both were NYC schools.

Agreed. When Cronin and Mack were there and both teams were good the dislike was pretty obvious. And there were a few press conferences were they took shots at each other. The Yancy Gates game and I think there was a separate game involving an incident with Lyons.

If Rutgers was in the Big East still perhaps our matchups with them could get to that level. With them being in a different league it diminishes things although I'm in a minority there as I know many of this board view the Rutgers rivalry as an intense one. If both us and SJU were NYC schools you might have that juice too, but of course we might as well be in Belmar when it comes to the NYC fan and market.

About those pissing contests....

the season is “only” about 7 months away.

It was a little facetious. I want 4 top 25 caliber teams in the BE and as long as SHU is one of them, I’m indifferent to the others.

Nova is important because of JW and recent NCs. UConn is important because massive fan base, big school, NCs and the 4th school can be anyone. I have zero affinity or interest for SJU to be on par with SHU and don’t think it’s a necessity for BE success if we have 4 Top 25 teams and a Top 3 conference.

Agreed. When Cronin and Mack were there and both teams were good the dislike was pretty obvious. And there were a few press conferences were they took shots at each other. The Yancy Gates game and I think there was a separate game involving an incident with Lyons.

If Rutgers was in the Big East still perhaps our matchups with them could get to that level. With them being in a different league it diminishes things although I'm in a minority there as I know many of this board view the Rutgers rivalry as an intense one. If both us and SJU were NYC schools you might have that juice too, but of course we might as well be in Belmar when it comes to the NYC fan and market.
Yes - you also had Mick Cronin at a press conference after one of the games saying that JP Macura was cursing at him during the course of the game and that in his entire career that’s never happened to him. Then Mack defended JP and that Cronin was somehow in the wrong. Crazy stuff.

JP Macura one of my top 5 hated players. Should not use hated. Let’s say disliked.

Anything new on Posh, or have we moved beyond him?
Or is "Posh" really a code for something else?

Okay, I’ll give it a crack... P.O.S.H.

Please Other Subjects Here!

Prevailing Obsession with StJohns Happenings

For the folks that thought we should have signed him:

Pictured Originally at Seton Hall

Perplexing Opportunity Squandered Here

Here's another one in case he transfers...

Probably Only Seemed Happy

Ladies and gentlemen, don't forget to tip your waitresses...lol ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT