ADVERTISEMENT

Post Surgery Update

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
Hello all,
Saw my ENT/Head and Neck surgeon 5 weeks post op today. Pretty routine appt, we talked about Covid, the vaccine, what summer will be like, hs sports and yes even pro wrestling...though she is rather young doctor, she told me my letter was one of the most touching she has recieved and is something she will treasure...i see her again in Nov and if all remains well annually for a bit in future years....
Big blood draw coming in about 6 hours.

I am getting levels screened for TSH, free T4, PTH intact, Comp Metabolic Panel, 25-hydroxyvitamin D, and two most important Thyroglobulin level and anti-thyroglobulin antibody....i either will be medically recommended for radioactive iodine therapy or I wont and continue to be monitored every so often

I continue my walks to and from penn station 5 days a week, started seeing chiro again last week, gonna start doing resistance band work...started getting back into core exercises

Still have not been able to reach the PA on XMas eve who gave me the original script for thyroid ultrasound

Hello all,
Saw my ENT/Head and Neck surgeon 5 weeks post op today. Pretty routine appt, we talked about Covid, the vaccine, what summer will be like, hs sports and yes even pro wrestling...though she is rather young doctor, she told me my letter was one of the most touching she has recieved and is something she will treasure...i see her again in Nov and if all remains well annually for a bit in future years....
Big blood draw coming in about 6 hours.

I am getting levels screened for TSH, free T4, PTH intact, Comp Metabolic Panel, 25-hydroxyvitamin D, and two most important Thyroglobulin level and anti-thyroglobulin antibody....i either will be medically recommended for radioactive iodine therapy or I wont and continue to be monitored every so often

I continue my walks to and from penn station 5 days a week, started seeing chiro again last week, gonna start doing resistance band work...started getting back into core exercises

Still have not been able to reach the PA on XMas eve who gave me the original script for thyroid ultrasound

Thank you for the update. What was the doctors take on Covid/vaccine? Did the doctor predict what this summer will look like?

Thank you for the update. What was the doctors take on Covid/vaccine? Did the doctor predict what this summer will look like?
Well she is an ent and operates head and neck depending upon her patient needs. She is younger than me by 5 or 6 years. She is all for any version of the vaccine that a patient has ability to tolerate. She says we really should have a normal summer, jersey transmit rate is falling.

Good luck. Hope everything goes well.

Good luck. Hope everything goes well.
Thanks i am hopeful on these blood results i should have them in my lapcorp portal monday ahead of my visit. I am doing a lot of walking. Eating better. Working on my core strength and now back in chiro care once a week, so working on rear shoulder and mid and upper back resistance band training. And soon for @HALL85 I will have my response as most of my claims have been finalized. I am fortunate i was on a middle of road individual hsa plan. I will have everything from my visits to all diagnostic testing out there.

Thanks i am hopeful on these blood results i should have them in my lapcorp portal monday ahead of my visit. I am doing a lot of walking. Eating better. Working on my core strength and now back in chiro care once a week, so working on rear shoulder and mid and upper back resistance band training. And soon for @HALL85 I will have my response as most of my claims have been finalized. I am fortunate i was on a middle of road individual hsa plan. I will have everything from my visits to all diagnostic testing out there.
you prob hit your out of pocket max. go milk it.

Good luck
Hope you’re feeling well

I would never share what you’re sharing but good for u and despite your insanely dense political takes I’ve said before all of us here care very much about our fellow pirates and will always rally together

Hoping for a full recovery

Reactions: HALL85
Ok so went to endocrinologist. Knew the blood work last thursday but what does it all mean. For now based on pathology from the surgery on the gland and particular marker levels in the blood I am at low risk for cancer reoccurence in that region but it will never be no risk.

My tsh is a bit high. The endocrinologist is. bumping my hormone replacement intake by 12 micrograms daily. The hope is that my TSH will come down along with the TG which is the important spec.

I am going on vitamin D3 supplements for 2000 IU daily.

I still continue to reach to find the PA from Christmas Eve who gave me the most priceless gift of all, the script for the thyroid ultrasound.

Reactions: SHUSA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT