ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-season ranking thread.

CL82

All Big East
Oct 31, 2002
I don't want to crap up your board with a lot of threads, so I'll just stick new ones in here as I see them. Link is at the bottom if you want to read the whole thing.

Seton Hall – Pegging the Pirates is a real challenge in 2020-21 given the amount of unknowns they have to deal with. The obvious question asked by all is how one replaces Myles Powell, but in some ways, that’s the easiest issue to deal with. No one can step in and replace what Powell brought – he’s an elite-level shot-maker who was the focus of every scouting report last season. But defining the heart of what was an elite defense may be more challenging. Romaro Gill was at times SHU’s most important player: he changed the game with his ability to protect the rim and was also a solid offensive option at times. And for everything Gill was at the back end, Quincy McKnight was elite at the point of attack. Not only was he a steady passer and shooter, McKnight was capable of locking down opposing point guards for 30 minutes a night. So while there’s a lot to like on this roster, figuring out how much this defense regresses will be key in determining how much of a drop-off the Pirates experience. Kevin Willard won a gigantic recruiting battle for the services of Harvard grad transfer PG Bryce Aiken – Aiken isn’t the defender or even passer that McKnight was, but he’s a certified bucket-getter who is great in ball screens… IF HE STAYS HEALTHY. Canisius transfer Takal Molson should help on both ends, a physical guard wired to score but also a more than capable defender who locked down Jalen Pickett twice in his MAAC days. Will Willard play more small lineups with Jared Rhoden at the 4 and high-level big man Sandro Mamukelashvili at the 5? Or will he prefer to go big with gentle giant Ike Obiagu attempting to fill the Gill role as much as possible.

CBB Central The Voice of College Hoops

Reactions: Johnny Biggs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT