ADVERTISEMENT

Quad 1 wins getting accumulated…..

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
We’ll see how much gas in the tank against Marquette this weekend, but team is building the resume. Rutgers loss really hurts.

Our biggest issue is lack of depth right now. If Richmond/Davis go down, we’ve got issues.

That’s 2 Q1. Mizzou probably a Q2.
I wonder if that one is reconsidered a road game. If that happens should be a lock otherwise idk. Right now they’re #103.

• Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
  • Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353

Reactions: CL82
Yeah this is pretty wild playing 4 guys 36+ minutes a night but where we are.

Other teams have done it it’s not unprecedented. Stack the wins now.
Yes - especially considering how much our coach loves to play 9-10 guys

As of this morning, Seton Hall’s bench minutes register 23.4%, which is 333rd in the country. Creighton is slightly worse at 22.5%, 341st and I was surprised to see Princeton dead last in the country at 16.2%.

To me the players look gassed at times. So idk what to make of it we’ll see.

If it’s any solace, last year Kansas was 3rd to last, St. Mary’s 6th from the bottom. Of course neither made it past the first weekend. 🤔

Reactions: HALL85 and Halldan1
Yes - especially considering how much our coach loves to play 9-10 guys

Here's the issue however. If he plays his bench one more second last night, we lose.

The only way I see this working is he has to stop the mass substitutions. Take Richmond out for a few minutes then Wusu, Dawes & Harris. I think Coleman can spell all of them. Wusu & Richmond can not be out at the same time.

Nganga got 3 minutes last night. Dre needs a backup. If anyone got hurt in IW's last year that ship sank. Hoping for the best this year too.

You can do it, but it gets to be a grind within the pace of the conference schedule.

As of this morning, Seton Hall’s bench minutes register 23.4%, which is 333rd in the country. Creighton is slightly worse at 22.5%, 341st and I was surprised to see Princeton dead last in the country at 16.2%.

If it’s any solace, last year Kansas was 3rd to last, St. Mary’s 6th from the bottom. Of course neither made it past the first weekend. 🤔
Jay Wright rode his starters big minutes, but this is not ideal for this team given the injury history of Dre and Richmond.

They said, Sha would love to ride his bench if he could. I thought last night he used guys sparingly, except for EHE, and it did not hurt us much.

EHE, Coleman and Stacks are the main guys. Surprised Stacks got so little time last night. Guess Sha saw something he didn't like in the matchups.

Hoping Sandraque and/or Tubek can help a bit more, at least against lower-tier teams.

St. John's has a deep, talented bench. Sha needs to get more from the bench against them. What they did against Butler was impressive.

That’s 2 Q1. Mizzou probably a Q2.

I wonder if that one is reconsidered a road game. If that happens should be a lock otherwise idk. Right now they’re #103.

I doubt the Selection Committee reclassifies the Missouri game as neutral.

I do think if they are decent in the SEC they'll end up in the top 100 and thus a Q2. The conference has eight teams in the top 50 NET so there will be plenty of opportunity to improve their resume.

I also think RU will find their way into the top 75. They're sitting at 0-5 in Q1 with us as their only win outside of Q4 but I'd think they'll pick off a few solid B10 wins along the way.

Reactions: Piratz
Jay Wright rode his starters big minutes, but this is not ideal for this team given the injury history of Dre and Richmond.

They said, Sha would love to ride his bench if he could. I thought last night he used guys sparingly, except for EHE, and it did not hurt us much.

EHE, Coleman and Stacks are the main guys. Surprised Stacks got so little time last night. Guess Sha saw something he didn't like in the matchups.

Hoping Sandraque and/or Tubek can help a bit more, at least against lower-tier teams.

St. John's has a deep, talented bench. Sha needs to get more from the bench against them. What they did against Butler was impressive.
Jay Wright's starters were also much better than ours.

Think about that last sentence....The least of my worries now is making it to the second weekend:)!

• Haha
Reactions: Seton75 and Piratz

They can move up for sure. It is a neutral game. Though it is close to home for them they don’t play TMobile often.

Here's the issue however. If he plays his bench one more second last night, we lose.

The only way I see this working is he has to stop the mass substitutions. Take Richmond out for a few minutes then Wusu, Dawes & Harris. I think Coleman can spell all of them. Wusu & Richmond can not be out at the same time.
I’d play Brown a few minutes to spell Richmond. Sanders to spell Dawes. Not at the same time. Coleman for Davis and Wusu

Reactions: Piratz
I’d play Brown a few minutes to spell Richmond. Sanders to spell Dawes. Not at the same time. Coleman for Davis and Wusu
We all know the coach's style. I am sure he is devastated that he can't do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT