ADVERTISEMENT

Red Wave Coming Tuesday?

The only thing this election will prove is that the Democrats have failed to address the economy and crime. Nobody cares about the “threat to the Democracy” spin.

The only thing this election will prove is that the Democrats have failed to address the economy and crime. Nobody cares about the “threat to the Democracy” spin.

Also it appears the left is looking to open a "special counsel" if Trump runs for president. This would be unprecedented. That is truly a threat to democracy. Trying to take a political opponent out.

This election will prove that Americans are idiots as they pin global inflation on USA.

Also it appears the left is looking to open a "special counsel" if Trump runs for president. This would be unprecedented. That is truly a threat to democracy. Trying to take a political opponent out.

The special counsel would be so Garland doesn't indict Trump, to avoid the exact claims you just made.

Trump should be indicted November 9th if we're being serious here.

This election will prove that Americans are idiots as they pin global inflation on USA.

The ridiculous panic response to the covid virus has put us in the situation we are in today. USA shares in the blame for that. This was a coordinated global shutdown of the economy. You can't just turn it off and expect to turn it back on like a light switch. One of the biggest policy blunders in human history.

The ridiculous panic response to the covid virus has put us in the situation we are in today. USA shares in the blame for that. This was a coordinated global shutdown of the economy. You can't just turn it off and expect to turn it back on like a light switch. One of the biggest policy blunders in human history.

When you rely on everything made in a country that is still shutting down to stop outbreaks it will disrupt supply chains, which has led to inflation. Add in the disastrous fiscal policy by almost every central bank around the world, and you get what's coming.

When you rely on everything made in a country that is still shutting down to stop outbreaks it will disrupt supply chains, which has led to inflation. Add in the disastrous fiscal policy by almost every central bank around the world, and you get what's coming.

Agree with this, also part of the reason. It boggles my mind how America cozies up to China and pretends to act tough on them at the same time. We should have no economic relationship with communist China at all. One of my biggest frustrations with our country and the companies that call the US home.

Also agree on the monetary policy - interest rates should not have been near zero for as long as they were. Should have been raising rates in the 2014-2015 timeframe instead of keeping them near zero. Rates were going up prior to the disastrous covid shutdown decision.

sometimes i think it wasnt a blunder, that it was pulled off flawlessly as intended

Reactions: shu09
Careful guys, @HALL85 really hates conspiracy theories.

Not a conspiracy. WEF/Gates/Hopkins, etc. ran an "exercise" only a couple months before it spread around the world. Then they just so happen to be the key players when stuff hit the fan. Color me skeptical.

Not a conspiracy. WEF/Gates/Hopkins, etc. ran an "exercise" only a couple months before it spread around the world. Then they just so happen to be the key players when stuff hit the fan. Color me skeptical.

I appreciate the skepticism. I am a skeptical person. I do want to include some context here though that I think is important to the discussion.

Here is a link to the UN report in 2016 recommending pandemic exercises after Ebola and SARS.

Their first recommendation

Recommendation 1 By 2020, States parties to IHR, with appropriate international cooperation, are in full compliance with the IHR core capacity requirements.

In implementing the IHR core capacity requirements, States parties, under the leadership of Heads of State and Government, should:
Preparedness and response
• Incorporate planning for health crisis responses into national disaster risk reduction preparedness and response mechanisms and plans
• Engage all relevant stakeholders to identify response capacities and resources
• Develop pandemic plans and carry out simulation exercises for all relevant responders, including security forces

There were pandemic exercises carried our around the world in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

We should be planning for simulating these types of events so we are better prepared to deal with them. Preparedness doesn't necessarily mean we intended for it to happen.

didnt they recently run a simulation for global currency breakdown or something?

I appreciate the skepticism. I am a skeptical person. I do want to include some context here though that I think is important to the discussion.

Here is a link to the UN report in 2016 recommending pandemic exercises after Ebola and SARS.

Their first recommendation

Recommendation 1 By 2020, States parties to IHR, with appropriate international cooperation, are in full compliance with the IHR core capacity requirements.

In implementing the IHR core capacity requirements, States parties, under the leadership of Heads of State and Government, should:
Preparedness and response
• Incorporate planning for health crisis responses into national disaster risk reduction preparedness and response mechanisms and plans
• Engage all relevant stakeholders to identify response capacities and resources
• Develop pandemic plans and carry out simulation exercises for all relevant responders, including security forces

There were pandemic exercises carried our around the world in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

We should be planning for simulating these types of events so we are better prepared to deal with them. Preparedness doesn't necessarily mean we intended for it to happen.
Unfortunately, the having an exercise in place doesn't assure success especially if there is a lack of leadership. I can summarize the past two plus years into three statements:
- Trump did an awful job of public messaging through-out the pandemic. (F)
- The one thing he did right was assemble a combination of government/industry types to drive various parts of the response. Having been involved in OWS, I think it demonstrated our ability's to leverage the talent and capabilities of our free market and expertise. Great on vaccine and other therapies; not so good on testing.
- Politics (Trump again) and Democrats got in the way of having the best initial response. Distractions of impeachment, Pelosi and others telling us that Chinatown was safe. The infection spread was inevitable, but we could have bought 4-6 months of time if we made some immediate decisions (freezing travel and ring-fencing certain geographies).
- Vaccine and public health messaging. The 100% focus on only the vaccine was short sighted as we have created a much more unhealthier population after two years of ignoring ways to mitigate comorbidities. We knew that a large percentage of the population would opt to not get vaccinated, but the wasted time on vaccine shaming versus more responsible messaging on total healthcare will be another factor that will drive up our healthcare costs over the next 5-10 years.

Unfortunately, the having an exercise in place doesn't assure success especially if there is a lack of leadership

Planning doesn't assure success, but it also doesn't indicate a conspiracy as noted above.

There is plenty we learned over the last few years that we will hopefully apply to the next simulation while planning for the next one.

It's a conspiracy.

If a "red" wave of any type happens Tuesday, it is less about messaging IMO and more about two things. One, the party in power at the top typically loses seats in Congress to some degree, at least that's what I recall. Two, its about the current environment of "everyday" issues impacting Americans - inflation, taxes, crime, schools, and COVID response -- with the "woke" BS that is seemingly everywhere (even though it comes from a vocal minority, it seems) being the cherry on top.

Don't discount the COVID response and how that weighs in with some of these states. Murphy almost lost in a state where registered D's dominate, and COVID response was a definite part of that. It is likely one of the reasons NY seems closer than anyone would have thought. And contrast that with Florida -- my recall is Desantis won by a narrow margin last time, and yet he's a double-digit favorite in the last polls I saw.

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
when you look at the WEF, the timing, the wealth transfer that resulted... its one of the more buyable ones

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT