ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when Big Tech banned people for saying this last year?

afghan whigs

Freshman
Oct 7, 2008
Our tech overlords have now decided its ok to say that the virus may have escaped from a lab. Last year they banned people from posting it on Twitter /Facebook etc.

the only level 4 biolab in china is located in .... wuhan. of course it escaped from there. it always did. youre nuts to think anything else

Reactions: dehere23 and shu09
Though Wuhan is also the location where there is a large bat cave with 400+ different coronaviruses, so if this were a naturally occurring virus, that would be a likely spot as the origin as well.

Just need to differentiate what people are talking about though.

Man made in a lab vs being researched in a lab. Scientific community generally agrees that this was not a virus that was made or altered in a lab.

I’d put the odds as
Man made- released by lab - unlikely
Researched in a lab - unintentionally released -seems to be highly likely.
researched in a lab - intentionally released - possible
Natural origin from animal to human transmission - possible

the only level 4 biolab in china is located in .... wuhan. of course it escaped from there. it always did. youre nuts to think anything else

I have always said this, yet have been laughed at for even suggesting it. The real question is, was it accidental?

Reactions: dehere23
Though Wuhan is also the location where there is a large bat cave with 400+ different coronaviruses, so if this were a naturally occurring virus, that would be a likely spot as the origin as well.

Just need to differentiate what people are talking about though.

Man made in a lab vs being researched in a lab. Scientific community generally agrees that this was not a virus that was made or altered in a lab.

I’d put the odds as
Man made- released by lab - unlikely
Researched in a lab - unintentionally released -seems to be highly likely.
researched in a lab - intentionally released - possible
Natural origin from animal to human transmission - possible
That’s a lot of conspiracies….
LOL

I think a majority of people think it came from the lab.Why else is China not letting scientists examine all the data and silencing their own doctors on this .

China locked up its own people but kept international flights going. That says it all. They wanted it get out.

Right. They are the conspiracies related to the origin of the virus and my view on the likelihood of each.
Not like I made them up.
We are never going to know the truth about the origin of the virus. What we do know is that China was not forthcoming with information where the world lost valuable months of understanding the effects of the virus and how to treat it. That in itself is inexcusable.

We are never going to know the truth about the origin of the virus. What we do know is that China was not forthcoming with information where the world lost valuable months of understanding the effects of the virus and how to treat it. That in itself is inexcusable.

Yep. I don’t disagree there.

China locked up its own people but kept international flights going. That says it all. They wanted it get out.
Because they didn’t like dealing with the guy in office who was busting their balls, and saw him cruising to re-election with a strong economy behind his back, despite all of his many flaws and silly behavior.

Because they didn’t like dealing with the guy in office who was busting their balls, and saw him cruising to re-election with a strong economy behind his back, despite all of his many flaws and silly behavior.

Yup, that's one reason.

Yup, that's one reason.

Because they predicted his response would have been horrible?

In most cases, a national tragedy unites the country. Had Trump gone the route to unite us against the threat, "all in this together" yadda yadda yadda... Trump would be president right now. Instead he chose to use it to divide us further and it cost him the election.

In most cases, a national tragedy unites the country. Had Trump gone the route to unite us against the threat, "all in this together" yadda yadda yadda... Trump would be president right now. Instead he chose to use it to divide us further and it cost him the election.

No, it was simply an act of aggression/revenge against a person and country that had become a major thorn in their side. Remember, the Chinese don't care about human rights. It's all about power.

And unlike other disasters or events, there was no response to this one that wasn’t going to significantly hurt the economy.

Reactions: Hallsome

Let’s get real. I didn’t vote for the guy either time. But there was not going to be any “uniting” no matter what he did. He embarrassed the establishment in 2016 with the biggest upset in modern political history and then reminded them of that daily. Their job from day 1 was to get him out at any and all costs. And “they” included all their voter constituencies. If the COVID lockdowns don’t destroy the economy, etc, he was going to win again as crazy as that seems.

And unlike other disasters or events, there was no response to this one that wasn’t going to significantly hurt the economy.

Look around at other world leaders and their approval ratings over the course of the pandemic.
Their economies were all hit in some way, and yet many leaders approval ratings and popularity increased.

That same opportunity was there for Trump. He went another direction and lost because of that.

Look around at other world leaders and their approval ratings over the course of the pandemic.
Their economies were all hit in some way, and yet many leaders approval ratings and popularity increased.

That same opportunity was there for Trump. He went another direction and lost because of that.
That's true, and while there are many world leaders who are "unique", Trump was one-of-a-kind when it comes to traditional American politics. Many people who voted for him don't even like the guy personally and many didn't approve of his non-policy behavior. But they voted for him anyway for policy-reasons, and the economy was a big part of that. And as "part" of policy I include of course his opposition to many things "woke" or "PC", which was a big driver of his popularity.

Reactions: afghan whigs
I mean, holy shit, I’m sitting on my patio after eating a steak, drinking some wine, lighting some fireworks (not in that order, I’m not going JPP)... and I am truly dumbfounded the reverence that some still have for Donald Dumb**** Trump (or whatever his middle name is).

I’m 46, have seen plenty of politics over the years, and never have I felt so strongly for one ****ing person that I would put that one ****ing person over my country. I just cannot fathom how some cannot move on beyond the last year, and pine for him to be back. It’s not Jesus ****ing Christ (I know, sue me, but we don’t need the return of Trump), how is there this lust for one man over this great country.

Rant out. This country is doomed. I look at this night and say ‘Merica, because I enjoy my freedom and root for this country. I don’t give two shits about who the president is as long as the three branches of government work together to keep the nation strong.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I mean, holy shit, I’m sitting on my patio after eating a steak, drinking some wine, lighting some fireworks (not in that order, I’m not going JPP)... and I am truly dumbfounded the reverence that some still have for Donald Dumb**** Trump (or whatever his middle name is).

I’m 46, have seen plenty of politics over the years, and never have I felt so strongly for one ****ing person that I would put that one ****ing person over my country. I just cannot fathom how some cannot move on beyond the last year, and pine for him to be back. It’s not Jesus ****ing Christ (I know, sue me, but we don’t need the return of Trump), how is there this lust for one man over this great country.

Rant out. This country is doomed. I look at this night and say ‘Merica, because I enjoy my freedom and root for this country. I don’t give two shits about who the president is as long as the three branches of government work together to keep the nation strong.

Well said Sami. I voted for the guy again against my better judgement, but boy did I feel stupid after the shenanigans he pulled starting on November 3. It is embarrassing how many still fly this jokers flag (or ever flew a flag for a man) as if he is America. There are far too many that have a cult mindset and view Trump as the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: shu09

Your takes are laughable

you can’t compare American politics to place like Europe

85million people voted for him despite what he did during pandemic (I use the word despite because many accuse him of handling things incorrectly, kinda like how he caused police brutality)

Liberals, Dems and people who just disliked or hated Trump added up to a few percentage points enough to beat him

Well said

But read the news. Trump has nothing to do with the ridiculous shit going on that real life people care about.

Well said

But read the news. Trump has nothing to do with the ridiculous shit going on that real life people care about.
Here’s another good one...the social injustice warriors of today are banning police as participants at the gay pride parade LMAO. What’s the spin from our resident lefties?

Here’s another good one...the social injustice warriors of today are banning police as participants at the gay pride parade LMAO. What’s the spin from our resident lefties?
Everything points to many cities going into a death spiral that has already started spinning out of control. Some of these cities are being faced with an exodus of police leaving through retirement or moving to other towns. Does anyone think the new recruits coming in behind them are going to be better? Who would want that job?

In addition, the homeless population is skyrocketing. Had a friend and his wife who moved out of SF during COVID (their lease was up, the left for six months remote and then got a much larger apartment at pretty much the same rent). They are now planning an exit strategy as in their words "The city is unlivable". Homeless population, crime, many restaurants haven't reopened, general quality of life is deplorable and there is no political leadership that gives them any confidence. Wealth gap will continue and with police being "hand-cuffed", good luck.

Maybe I’m overly sensitive because I see multiple houses on the way to driving my kids to school with “F*** Biden” flags and flying American flags upside down. 6 months after the election.

Oh, and the stupidity of driving around in pickup trucks (yes, plural) flying the American and Confederate flags. I mean, how stupid can you be? May as well fly the NY Giants and Dallas Cowboy flags. At least they don’t hate each other as much to actually go to war to kill each other. Do these people realize the ideals of the confederacy were to split from these great United States of America?

Maybe I’m overly sensitive because I see multiple houses on the way to driving my kids to school with “F*** Biden” flags and flying American flags upside down. 6 months after the election.

Oh, and the stupidity of driving around in pickup trucks (yes, plural) flying the American and Confederate flags. I mean, how stupid can you be? May as well fly the NY Giants and Dallas Cowboy flags. At least they don’t hate each other as much to actually go to war to kill each other. Do these people realize the ideals of the confederacy were to split from these great United States of America?
Where the heck do u live?

Huh? What town do you live in?

Funniest part of this thread is the troll who supposedly won citizen of the year in his town for staying locked up for over a year, yet wouldn't reveal what town, asking someone else where they live.

Lol, he’s
Funniest part of this thread is the troll who supposedly won citizen of the year in his town for staying locked up for over a year, yet wouldn't reveal what town, asking someone else where they live.
lol, he’s on my ignore so I didn’t see it as I was replying to someone else. That’s rich….

it is nutty that in Howell, Monmouth county, that the affluent republicans and backwoods hicks are holding hands singing their Trump praise.

You are incorrect. I let everyone know awhile ago I live in Atlantic County, NJ.

I absolutely agree

I absolutely agree
Disagree. If you followed anything Trump could have singlehandedly cured Covid and cancer and would be a villain for some reason, because the left and many conservatives had a never trump agenda. Trump closed borders when Covid hit and that was wrong per liberals; he disagreed with the magnitude of shutdowns, wrong again; disagreed with magnitude of mask mandates, wrong again. Had liberals agreed with or followed him - kinda like DeSantis - nobody could say he ruined the economy with his handling of Covid. Shit he was even wrong (at least at the time) for OWS. And don’t forget he created racism. Wonder why people continue to leave for Florida in droves.

The former president got sucked into the vortex by Fauci and Birx. Should have pushed for no masks and an end to restrictions after the "15 days to slow the spread" period. He was too dumb to realize this ended his chances of re-election.

Trump's messaging through COVID was horrific. I don't know any other way to describe it. Had an opportunity to lead the country through a crisis and he made it about campaign speeches.

With that, I have to credit his administration for OWS and mobilizing the private sector to respond with PPE, testing, treatments and vaccine delivery and distribution. When you look around the world and compare where we are in the last two categories to other industrialized countries, it speaks for itself.

And let's face it, the MSM was never going to give him credit or support any decisions. Closing the borders was the right thing to do, but if I can criticize him on that, it should have been done more aggressively. Trump gave them all the ammunition they needed with the messaging though...major fail on his part.

To be fair should also be critical of Biden for taking credit for what OWS put in place. Having been under the tent on an OWS initiative during the Trump administration (on one of the treatment regimens) and now on a separate one under Biden (stockpiling and pandemic readiness), I can tell you that it's night and day...beaurocracy and undoing anything Trump is making the day.

The former president got sucked into the vortex by Fauci and Birx. Should have pushed for no masks and an end to restrictions after the "15 days to slow the spread" period. He was too dumb to realize this ended his chances of re-election.

Haha, no, just no. For someone who has 0 regard for other people and could care less how many died from the pandemic you sure do make a stink about unverified VAER reports.

• Haha
Reactions: SHUSA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT