ADVERTISEMENT

Rothstein at the Hall

Harris, Samuel, Ndefo, Davis brothers off the bench?

Quality depth.
There’s no way Samuel isn’t starting, IMO. He’s too good and knows this is his year. I’m hearing he’s working harder than ever. Sha is going to reward that, if in fact Samuel continues to bring it.

Yetna has had some nagging injuries- we will see if he starts and Samuel plays more minutes. Either way, they are getting their fair share if minutes.

Samuel was playing too well before Covid hit him and he was stuck in Canada.

Like the comments on Jackson,Ndefo and Davis.If our frontcourt can compete watch out.

Any chance Ndefo starts, depending on the matchup? He's a guy I'd want to see matched up against some of the best scorers in the Big East next year. I'm thinking either Scheierman or Kaluma for Creighton, David Jones for SJU, etc.

He's the guy I'm probably most interested in seeing how Holloway uses this season. Could he be the primary defender for a guy like Adama Sanogo, as well? Kalkbrenner if he's not responsible for the other Creighton guys I mentioned? Sure, he'd be undersized, but as a reminder he held his own against some of the best post players in the tournament last season (foul trouble notwithstanding).

Reactions: mbraue
Any chance Ndefo starts, depending on the matchup? He's a guy I'd want to see matched up against some of the best scorers in the Big East next year. I'm thinking either Scheierman or Kaluma for Creighton, David Jones for SJU, etc.

He's the guy I'm probably most interested in seeing how Holloway uses this season. Could he be the primary defender for a guy like Adama Sanogo, as well? Kalkbrenner if he's not responsible for the other Creighton guys I mentioned? Sure, he'd be undersized, but as a reminder he held his own against some of the best post players in the tournament last season (foul trouble notwithstanding).

I think Ndefo will start and be awesome against Kaluma Schierman and David Jones.

But totally disagree that Ndefo would ever guard Sanogo besides on a switch.

That would be an incredibly bad mismatch and Ndefo would foul out quick. He would be much better on the other guys you mentioned or on backside to help with Sanogo.

Maybe Yetna or Samuel would be better by a little. Honestly though without a Delgado, Gill or an Ike, Sanogo could eat our lunch.

Last edited:
Samuel, Jackson and Ndefo up front imo
The strength of the team is the guards. You are going six deep with Richmond, Dawes, Femi, Harris, Davis, and Sanders.

You will see a huge rotation at the 4 and 5 with Yetna , Samuel, Jackson and Ndefo.

If the Frosh Davis can play he can see time. We are small upfront so we will foul a bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT